Bow Stop Roller

Dencope

Hey guys, I was told by the salesman that the bow stop is just to stop the boat from going forward with no real weight on it and that the lack of contact area isn't a big deal and that the exaggerated flare will just help guide it. I feel there should be more contact area between the roller/stop and the hull to avoid point loading and chaffing. Like a nice uniform fit...What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance for any info.

Attachments

• bow stop.jpg
    bow stop.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 83
Mine has 2 with tbe cable going inbetween. Their about 18" apart, both fit tight to tbe bow and tbere is no movement.

Mines the same. Not sure you can get rollers with that much angle to them? The two roller setup mentioned by Bullyjack sounds like an interesting setup. Any chance of a pic?IMG_1181.JPG

Mine has 2 with tbe cable going inbetween. Their about 18" apart, both fit tight to tbe bow and tbere is no movement.
Yeah I had 2 stops that were marking my boat so I removed the spreader bar and went to just 1 because it was a pain getting between them and attaching or removing the safety chain and the winch hook.

Nah it's for looks more than anything. It was an odd shaped piece of Stainless. I more or less evened it out shape wise, bent it around a piece of solid stock , drilled a couple holes and welded in a stainless "U" bolt.

IMG_1178.JPG IMG_1175.JPG IMG_1181.JPG

Mines the same. Not sure you can get rollers with that much angle to them? The two roller setup mentioned by Bullyjack sounds like an interesting setup. Any chance of a pic?View attachment 33595
Not rollers they are pads. The only problem i have is putting tbe trailer to deep when getting the boat on, the hook gets hung up on the bottom pad. It swivels on a center bolt.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    376.7 KB · Views: 50
Back