Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Yikes… apparently you don’t even need to bother cleaning the boats anymore.

Yikes… apparently you don’t even need to bother cleaning the boats anymore.

thats a very pricey campion. I was going to look at one in courtenay but it had an older yamaha 93 merc on it. price for that boat was 12k in 2019. seeing how that boat is newer with composite i would say it would petch a decent penny. Get bounced around in the chop pretty good.

The optimax is a sweet motor they seemed to improve them with each revision. The later years had a bigger oil fill on the remote tank. This particular motor has a bigger oil tank on the motor itself. So less to go wrong than a remote tank. You can work on these motors with basic tools the only thing you need to do is at 150:1 premium plus oil into the gas (prevents injectors from overheating). your injectors will last that way.

Well,I did what I've told my boys not to do for years,I bought a beater.I've been looking for a 2470 Pursuit or similar for 10 months with no luck .I've posted wanted ads in Victoria,Vancouver,Seattle etc. with no good leads at all.I've bored everybody to death on this forum trying to find something nice for $60K.I was told I was looking for a unicorn,not going to find it for a measly $60K.So I bought this 1995 2470 with an OX66 225 and 9.9 HT Yamaha ,2 downriggers,crab pot hauler,BBQ,big Loadrite trailer for cheap.It comes with mold,slime,mussels and a delaminated fuel tank hatch.I spent $2K in parts just to get the trailer mobile enough to bring it down from Nanaimo to Victoria today and there will be much more to spend.But I got it cheap enough that I can buy a brand new 250 - 4 stroke if I decide to and still be under my $60 budget,so I had to do it.

View attachment 77726
Any updates Ray @Rayvon !

Well,I did what I've told my boys not to do for years,I bought a beater.I've been looking for a 2470 Pursuit or similar for 10 months with no luck .I've posted wanted ads in Victoria,Vancouver,Seattle etc. with no good leads at all.I've bored everybody to death on this forum trying to find something nice for $60K.I was told I was looking for a unicorn,not going to find it for a measly $60K.So I bought this 1995 2470 with an OX66 225 and 9.9 HT Yamaha ,2 downriggers,crab pot hauler,BBQ,big Loadrite trailer for cheap.It comes with mold,slime,mussels and a delaminated fuel tank hatch.I spent $2K in parts just to get the trailer mobile enough to bring it down from Nanaimo to Victoria today and there will be much more to spend.But I got it cheap enough that I can buy a brand new 250 - 4 stroke if I decide to and still be under my $60 budget,so I had to do it.

View attachment 77726
Yay!

Best deal I have seen in a long time. Engine looks small from that angle and under powered for some. I sent it to my buddy, but I think he’s pot committed to a bigger boat.

Back