Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Seems like a lot of boat for the $$$
I walked by it on the dock today. Stopped for a look. She's a little rough and an 05' yam ain't worth much, nor the old kicker. I couldn't see being happy with the purchase once paying for new power and some add ons. Looks very light.

We’re thinking of going with a bigger boat, and we’re putting some feelers out to see if there’s any interest in our current one. It’s a little older, but the engine still has lots of life left in it. Just checked the compression; 180, 170,170,170 on the cylinders. The motor did have the dreaded “steel plug” and it corroded out last year, it has been repaired with a welded patch. Like the ad says; I’m open to any questions, offers, and viewings (sea trials for serious inquiries only) https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/764469964883788/

2014 wolf 28’ boat - $235,000 (Juneau)​

Nice, wonder if that bed is close to a queen with the 10 foot beam it is possible.

235k usd seems astronomical to me. It’s almost 10 years old. Could you not custom build a brand new 28’ boat for around that?

Edit: yes 500 horsepower is plenty for a 28.

Replacement cost likely 500k CAD? but pulling that out of my s. Just considering what a smaller beam 8’6” aluminums costs a nicely outfitted 21” production boat can hit 200k. I figure it has a stand up head and lots of other details missing, windlass, pot puller or is that a davit crane for loading a dingy, dual steering stations w dual engine throttle controls and another Lowrance screen, point 1 antenna or full autopilot. Trip trailer with those axles has to be 25k these days. @Bill 310 might have the best idea what a new dual engine custom aluminum costs.

These are commercial grade construction, not a Kingfisher 28. I am not sure what a new one is, someone might know.
Easy $400k new with power. Could be much more depending on finishings and other options. Wolf is no longer building boats as of this year however so I guess we will never know

Replacement cost likely 500k CbelowAD? but pulling that out of my s. Just considering what a smaller beam 8’6” aluminums costs a nicely outfitted 21” production boat can hit 200k. I figure it has a stand up head and lots of other details missing, windlass, pot puller or is that a davit crane for loading a dingy, dual steering stations w dual engine throttle controls and another Lowrance screen, point 1 antenna or full autopilot. Trip trailer with those axles has to be 25k these days. @Bill 310 might have the best idea what a new dual engine custom aluminum costs.

Well since it is Alaska I am thinking they are asking for US Dollars which would be 303,630.57 cdn.

Our boat is 27'3" 9'2" beam.

Our boat was not that much but that one has bigger motors. Material cost are up and it was built 8 yeas ago I am thinking there is a lot of seller profit built into that price.

It needs to be bought by a local who know its history and adventures.

I was surprised to see that the vertical joints on the sides sides of the hull were in three pieces . Our boat has one piece sides.

I have no idea about the bottom..

The lack of photos and a detailed ad is not a confidence builder. If I were selling that boat I would put up the build sheet, a recent survey, and an engine report.

You get the trailer but that is not always a good thing.

On the plus side finding a build spot right now is, I expect challenging.

1658706285342.png

Robert has told me we could sell our boat for more than we paid. perhaps $50K more. But that is not in our plans. I am 67 if we get 10 years enjoyment from the boat that will be excellent. My goal this year is to get 200 hours on it and we are at 40 now. Next year when we start fishing and going for prawns and crabs and longer trips I hope to get 60-80 days on the boat.

Well since it is Alaska I am thinking they are asking for US Dollars which would be 303,630.57 cdn.

Our boat was not that much but that one has bigger motors. Material cost are up and it was built 8 yeas ago I am thinking there is a lot of seller profit built into that price.

It needs to be bought by a local who know its history and adventures.

I was surprised to see that the vertical joints on the sides sides of the hull were in three pieces . Our boat has one piece sides.

I have no idea about the bottom..

The lack of photos and a detailed ad is not a confidence builder. If I were selling that boat I would put up the build sheet, a recent survey, and an engine report.

You get the trailer but that is not always a good thing.

On the plus side finding a build spot right now is, I expect challenging.

Robert has told me we could sell our boat for more than we paid. perhaps $50K more.
Thanks for weighing in and the catch on the build quality. Interesting the supply chain and labour issues could mean almost no drop in the price of used boats at the high end if yours is worth more than 10% of what you paid for it. A Jaxoncraft is a more premium brand in my opinion, well before Wolf closed shop.

I did see a reported $1 Million price drop today but was that of attempted profit? https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/20...J6vKxj-cIvNgcN0KUIF-zs2hKWIhMBzpsUqN5jhvne_KI

A buddy of mine in Boston is just waiting on finding a new boat after selling his, passing on ridiculous asking prices but being boatless when a nice one comes along I can’t see him arguing over a few $.

Back