boat storage

the runt

Hi all,first merry christmas too all, and a safe and prosperous new year.Since i retired last Feb.My second career takes me to Canada alot mostly the interior.Grand prairie,Edmonton Prince george and the Island.[Sydeny ,[ Cobble hill area]What i was hoping, if anyone knows of a place to store a boat on the island. I might as well fish a day or two while i.m up.Right know i can,t even justify owning a boat for the little use i get. Also it's hard to find people to go with so i hope perhaps to get people to fish with. thanks everyone.

I'm just in the process of building a new shop/barn that will be ready this spring. I will have room for a couple of extra boats depending on size. I'm mid island Coombs area

Hi craven,yes i would like to keep the boat dry especially in the winter time.hpoefully within 45min. from a launch.Thanks again for any info.

Howdy,

Hey Runt... I think there's a brand-new boat/RV storage facility (huge-I think) being built right on the north side of Victoria airport. If I can find out more in the next coupla' days I'll post the info for you.

That would put you bout' 10-mins from the Sydney launch and about the same to Saanich Inlet.

Seasons Greetings,

Terry

Howdy,

Hey Runt, found out the storage facility probably won't be up and running for maybe another year or so. Next time you are in town you should stop by and check it out. Coming from the ferry's turn right at Beacon (instead of left to Sydney) then about a quarter mile ahead the road does sort of an "S" turn; it's imediately after the jog in the road on your right, beside Nicholson's.

Hope this helps.

Happy New Year!

Terry

Thanks terry,sorry about the delay,had to get in the last of the pheasant hunting for the year.

Back