boat seats

Tips Up

I am going to take out my sleeper seats and put in 4 swivel seats. 17.5 Double Eagle.

I want the Probax Seats for front seats but considering cheaper seats for the back seats.
Looking at Cabelas "Bass Pro Shops Fisherman High Back Boat Seat"
Anyone had any experience with these? They get mixed reviews online.

Thanks!

Thanks Scott

I am wondering specifically about the bass pro shop ones. They are on sale reg $129 for $89.
The Probax are going to run me $300. So thought I’d save some money on the back seats that don’t get used as much.

Yes they look good and I sat on them in store a couple weeks ago. They feel good.
My only concerns are durability and if they soak up and hold water. My back seats can get wet if wind is blowing in the rain.

Sale ended yesterday so I ordered a couple. Pice was right. Guess we will see.
Now I need to find a couple Probax at good price.

I am going to take out my sleeper seats and put in 4 swivel seats. 17.5 Double Eagle.

I want the Probax Seats for front seats but considering cheaper seats for the back seats.
Looking at Cabelas "Bass Pro Shops Fisherman High Back Boat Seat"
Anyone had any experience with these? They get mixed reviews online.

Thanks!
How did your refit go? I have the same boat-1990 17.5ft DE.
I am thinking to make new box of poly material w slide out fish box at stern end; 2 swivel seats on top.
how wide can I make seats so still room for seats to swivel properly?
Any advice from anyone on getting a helm seat that reclines. I’ve had major back surgery and can’t find a standard seat that I can even sit in for a minute. Looks like I could drill out a rivet, redrill another in its place, and change the angle of a bass pro high back seat to a more reclined angle. That may work.
advice? Don’t have big bucks for the real pricey recliners I’ve seen. Anyone ever try automobile seats??

Wise economy seat is a great choice. It is highly-economical and an affordable boat seat.

Wise economy seat is a great choice. It is highly-economical and an affordable boat seat.
I’ve had both and I won’t go back to wise. When I had the wise, I often had bad bad pain the day after fishing.

The Tempress high back is way more comfortable amd the probax is another step up from those. no more next day back pain for me.
Everyone is different, this was just my experience.

edit: just went on Amazon and ordered one for my boat. I’m going to switch from dual sleepers to one sleeper and a single swivel on a box.

Last edited:
Back