Boat rental on the island

Salty

Anybody know where to rent a boat? Or any members that rent out their boats? I'm not going to have a boat this year but whould still like to fish around May long weekend when my brother makes his annual trip out from Alberta. Any leads would be much appreciated, I'm open to any boat but would prefer something in the 18-20 foot range and wouldn't need gear aside from riggers. I'm in nanaimo but willing to pick up anywhere on the island

Did that boat rental place survive that had the few better ocean boats for rent? It was out of Alberni or Parksville or Nanaimo? It was still around a couple years ago but haven't heard much of it.

they are limited to 16-17' hourston's with 50hp outboards
which are fine in good weather conditions
I have rented from Pedder Bay numerous times and really liked their friendly and knowledgeable staff. Their rate is 30 dollars per hour plus tax and gas which is a very good deal when you split the costs with a couple buddies. I used their boats last year and caught a couple of cabezon around race rock outside of the RCA. The best part is they swap out their motors every years so you never have to worry about a motor dying on you while out at the water. The only negative is their boundaries are a bit limited to my liking.

I am based out of Comox, retired. Coupla riggers on my 36' and jigging rigs. Anyone from SF is welcome. Perhaps send along your email and I will let you know the days I go out which is typically a couple of days a week starting about now.

Back