Boat interior flooring options

Indeed! Whats TSP?

Anyone ever tried that vinyl cushion paint. Anyone ever tried to go from a pacific blue to a white. I can find lots of info on light to dark sprays but can't find any dark to light sprays.

Indeed! Whats TSP?

Anyone ever tried that vinyl cushion paint. Anyone ever tried to go from a pacific blue to a white. I can find lots of info on light to dark sprays but can't find any dark to light sprays.
If you do it properly, the stuff works remarkably well. Just don't use any chemicals around it after. Not even aerosol bug spray.

If you do it properly, the stuff works remarkably well. Just don't use any chemicals around it after. Not even aerosol bug spray.
Thanks RC, any idea whats the lifespan of that stuff? Sorry back to floors, I've seen a few vids where guys seal there corners and edges on the Eva with sika. Makes a nice little beaded seal and seems to hold up well.

Thanks RC, any idea whats the lifespan of that stuff? Sorry back to floors, I've seen a few vids where guys seal there corners and edges on the Eva with sika. Makes a nice little beaded seal and seems to hold up well.
I wouldn't count on it being a long term solution. Not without some touchups at least. I had two tone (bayliner blue and white) seats on my previous boat. Painted them a nice ivory white and it really classed it up for the boats new owner lol.

Indeed! Whats TSP?

That's elastomeric paint. It's basically rubber. Great for automotive. Will not stand up to a fish boat

These guys are the best at it

0491007_1_720x720.jpg

I’ve got 2 rolls of the grey flooring I ordered off Amazon I don’t need now. Paid $200, will sell for $125. Located in Vancouver but will be in Victoria this weekend. Sold

Last edited:
For those of you that have installed seadek or ultra deck, do you think it’d stick ok to resin covered plywood? It’s not perfectly flat. Would I need to sand first do you think or is the adhesive really strong?

For those of you that have installed seadek or ultra deck, do you think it’d stick ok to resin covered plywood? It’s not perfectly flat. Would I need to sand first do you think or is the adhesive really strong?
my experience shows it to be really strong. Sticks well to painted fiberglass floors and stands up to being wet for short periods of time. Can see no reason to believe it will not do the same to resin covered plywood

I would try and get the high spots knocked down before putting it down flat with some “tooth” from the sandpaper and washed with acetone then dry and apply.

Back