Boat insurance?

I would strongly recommend hub, with coast as the underwriters. They have the best coverage. One of the few that cover engine claims.

Christie Phoenix in Victoria and a further 10% discount for SVIAC members.

Christie Phoenix in Victoria and a further 10% discount for SVIAC members.

Not to mention that Christie Phoenix policies cover you up to 25 miles offshore (many only go to 6 miles offshore) which is important if you fish offshore banks like Swiftsure Bank, etc. Their rates are very competitive as well.

I use dolphin , they actually have a specific clause covering my fishing gear ............. just wondering are all of you covered for fishing gear for but not stupidity like overboard losses lol (rods, downriggers, crab puller ect ) ??

Thanks all... We went with Beacon via Hub. I will compare the others for next year.
I would also recommend a C-Tow membership for out on the water emergencies :)

Thanks all... We went with Beacon via Hub. I will compare the others for next year.
I would also recommend a C-Tow membership for out on the water emergencies :)

They do up to $1000, once per year.
Having recently spent $1300 for a single tow, only to find out our boat insurance policy didn't cover tows, we bought the membership for extra piece of mind as it covers more than just unlimited tows. Obviously changed insurance companies as well.

I'm looking at beacon right now also just waiting on a quote from them. Is the new policy you have the same up to 1000 with beacon? How far of a run was it to spend 1300 bucks? sorry will be my first big boat so am curious.

Appreciate the info guys! Submitted a quote request to Beacon and VIIC and have one back from Coast Capital. Will advise what I go with and why.

RESULTS: I had 2 companies offering relatively the same package
1.) Western Financial Marine who Coast Capital Savings is farming their marine insurance out to.
2.) VIIC
Western Financial Marine Insurance came in with better and faster service. They are located on Beacon Ave in Sidney and solely do marine insurance. Their price was $50 cheaper but a couple deductibles were $50 more with them. I figured I don't plan on making a claim, so I would rather save the $50 up front.
When shopping for insurance, note that most offer $2,500 Breakdown Towing/Commercial Assistance Coverage which is great, as that could be a big bill.
My biggest worry on the water is hitting a submerged log and they do cover physical damage to the hull and motor provided the cause of loss was sudden and accidental.
Hope this info helps.

Back