Boat in lodge in the Broughton Archipelago?

Mighty Sylvan

Does anyone have any suggestions for a "bring your own boat" lodge or cabins in the broughton archipelago? We would launch in Port McNeil.

We have rented a floathouse several times from Windsong Sea Village which is located in Echo Bay on the north end of Gilford Island in the Broughton Archipelago. Mind you it was ten years ago but I can't say enough about the place, it simply had everything a person would want, beautiful scenery, fully equipped cabin with great freshwater, no cedar water here. And there is a fuel dock and store not five minutes from the cabin. And best of all it is in the heart of the fishing country we caught chinooks and halibut right in front of the entrance to Echo Bay and the prawning was always fantastic.

We stayed at a place call the crabin Cabin it was a floating cabin on cracroft island they have a website. It was pretty sweet a little bit of a run for fishing or gas though.

When I stayed at crabin cabin we fished on flower island, Malcolm island and did pretty well fishing cracroft pt on a incoming flood.

By far the flattest water I have ever had for salmon and Hali. One day it look like a pond not a ripple.

If you want to do it "cushy" style, there's Pierre's in Echo bay

http://www.pierresbay.com/

I took the GF there two summers ago-- rented a suite for four days--comfy as can be. Boat moored outside on the dock, lots of good food in the restaurant or cook your own. That photo in my avatar was taken from the porch of the suite---quite a joint

Two things, though. IT is a MAJOR destination for huge puker boats (as in 35 - 60 ft RV's with bow thrusters) I remember the GF commenting one fine morning---"Wow, it's just like staying in an RV Park..." Lots of chatter, martini brouhahas, comings and goings of jolly people (if that's your thing)

The second thing: if you're an avid fisherman (salmon), be prepared to burn gas to get to the good stuff. Maybe cooler dudes then me will chime in to the contrary but I found that area to be a biological desert for salmon. All the action I had was heading in to Echo Bay (Malcom, Flower Island, Cracroft etc, generally the Johnstone Strait area) It seemed the deeper you got into the Broughton Archipelago the skinnier it got for salmon (I'm talking springs; I heard when the coho run it's a bit more entertaining)

For rockfish---different story---huge concentrations of spiny units. The GF loved it---drop a jig, reel in a fish....drop a jig, reel in a fish....and on and on and on. I start yawning after a few of those but she still talks about that trip and "all the fish we got"----money well spent...ha ha

Incredible First Nation ruins to go check out, though. Mamaliliculla is an amazing "ruin"---better go see it quick---the trees and mother nature are taking it back to where it belongs....

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. Alder Bay looks like a rv park? Does it have cabins? The trip I do every June is a guys trip. Some years it is fancy other years not so. I try to plan a spot that I have not fished before. I'm still deciding on a location.

Thank you for your input.
MS

Alder Bay is a great spot. I have not been for a few years.. (3-4)
They had a suite that you could rent above the office and they had trailers you could rent also. That was a few years ago.
Give them a call, great owners and very accomodating if it is the same people.

Back