Black mold cleaning

sir-vivor

I thought there would be lots on black mold cleaning on carpets but couldn't find anything when searched.
What are u guys using, I heard water and ammonia is the ticket but what's the mix ratio, anyone help ?
Tks

looks like this thread is totally off the rails , but any suggestions on the topic would be greatly appreciated !

looks like this thread is totally off the rails , but any suggestions on the topic would be greatly appreciated !
I've never had to it, but I would look at replacing the carpet first. Second option would be to talk to a carpet cleaner.

Diluted mixture of bleach and water.
Test on a hidden section to make sure it's color fast.
Scott you talking like a 50/50 mix .
I only have like a 2ft by 1ft section to treat in my Cuddy, no big deal but wanna get at it before it becomes one

Scrub the carpet with a stiff brush first and try to remove as much as possible and vacuum it up. If not worried about bleaching I would saturate it with one of the many bathroom cleaners that contain bleach give it a good scrub after letting it soak for a while and once dry vacuum it again.

Vinegar/baking soda mix soaked in afterwards will help reduce any mustiness in the cuddy from the carpet.

Hydrogen Peroxide is an incredibly effective mold killer. with a lot of these products they could stain the carpet. the nice part about hydrogen peroxide is in about 24 hours it dissipates to basically water. so no harmful residues and whatnot left in the carpet. using a stiff brush to the face fibres of carpet will give it a fuzzy appearance. best to “ tamp “ the carpet with a clean white cloth.

apply product. then put cloth directly over stain. tamp or hit affected area with something rubberized like a hammer handle ( HANDLE ) look at the cloth. stain will have transferred to cloth.

I put 50/50 bleach and water on my carpet and no issues, worked great and I had a real bad spot way under on the bunk under my table on my Trophy

I use spray 9 to clean every thing on my boat incuding the odd bit of mold that turns up

I used carpet cleaner detergent on my cuddly cabin a few years ago I just put it in a spray bottle sprayed it on then scrubbed brushed it then I used a garden hose. Did it hot August days then put a oscillating fan in there for a few days good to go

Acrobian mold control. You buy it at canadian tire or Rona. Spray it on wipe it off. Then spray it on, let it dry and vacuum it.

Did u scrub or just spray and leave
Couldn't reach way in there to scrub , sprayed it on ,left for 10 minutes then used the wife's Dyson with the small rotating brush to suck it out. Please don't tell my wife the last part

Hydrogen Peroxide is an incredibly effective mold killer. with a lot of these products they could stain the carpet. the nice part about hydrogen peroxide is in about 24 hours it dissipates to basically water. so no harmful residues and whatnot left in the carpet. using a stiff brush to the face fibres of carpet will give it a fuzzy appearance. best to “ tamp “ the carpet with a clean white cloth.

apply product. then put cloth directly over stain. tamp or hit affected area with something rubberized like a hammer handle ( HANDLE ) look at the cloth. stain will have transferred to cloth.
See, Your past career as a "clean up man" for the Mob did give you some useful skills ;-)

CRGreg

I have the Tide Buzz stain removal system. Essentially, it is an ultrasonic cleaning system for removing stains in carpets, clothing etc. Ultrasonic cleaning has a long successful history for cleaning things like jewelry. The system uses a cleaning solution and a pad on top of the stain and an ultrasonic wand to vibrate and separate the stain from the material and suck it into the pad. I have had great success with this system. As you know, when a stain is set it can become somewhat like the set color dye in clothing and usually is impossible to get out, but sometimes this system can even get out set stains by breaking the molecular bond. I have found that non-set bad stains usually come out easily with this system. It did an amazing job on some bad stains I had in some expensive wall-to-wall carpet that would have cost thousands to replace. However, it is only good for cleaning small area stains.

It may be difficult to find this system and pad and cleaner replacements, as I am not sure if they are still made. If not, perhaps there are competing systems available and substitutes for the cleaning solution and pads. Love this system, one of my better investments.

Last edited:
Back