Best smoker's

That looks awesome! I’m thinking about taking this project on… where did you get your steel for the inside and about how much do you think it cost you? I don’t have a lot of tools or experience with working with this type of material... did they cut it for you? what did you use for your rack supports? (Can’t really see from pic) Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thx!
I bought the stainless at a metal recycling place, by the pound. So it was fairly inexpensive. I used 3/4 aluminum angle scraps, from the same recycling place, for the shelf brackets. The racks I bought in the US, for a good price. The plywood was from Windsor plywood. The latches and weather strip, are from Home Depot I was basing my smoker on the Bradley 6 rack, as I find I’d rather do a larger batch. A similar Bradley is now $750. As Rain City said, you can probably buy one for the same price, if you factor in your time. I did it as a winter project, when there’s no fishing to be had. Best of luck, if you get into it!IMG_0563.png

Thanks for the reply! I’m going to take a look around here and get some pricing… will also keep my eyes open for some sales as well. Almost went for the Cabela’s masterbuilt that was on sale but not 100% sold on it just yet. @Rain City why did you switch to natural gas? Just convenience?

Thanks for the reply! I’m going to take a look around here and get some pricing… will also keep my eyes open for some sales as well. Almost went for the Cabela’s masterbuilt that was on sale but not 100% sold on it just yet. @Rain City why did you switch to natural gas? Just convenience?
Yeah I had the hookups on my patio so it saved the stress of running out of propane on an overnight smoke.

Back