Best of luck to all...

i friend just sold a 2359 with the 5.0l , he found it very under powered
Maybe the 35 years I spent going 10 knots in an 80' boat has makes me feel like I'm flying when I get in my 2459 with a 5.0 MPI with an Alpha leg but it seems to me to come out of the water just fine. At 3000 rpm I'm doing 22 knots ( 25 ish mph) and burning about 7-8 gallons an hour. WOT it will do 36 knots but while I can more than afford it, I don't want to burn that much fuel. Most of the time it's just 2 of us in the boat but with 4 it is a difference, not enough that a 5.7 would change. 383 stroker may make a difference but again more fuel. I've been on the water all my life and believe me most pleasure boaters than I see shouldn't go 30-35 mph on the water. JMHO, and I am flame ready

Maybe the 35 years I spent going 10 knots in an 80' boat has makes me feel like I'm flying when I get in my 2459 with a 5.0 MPI with an Alpha leg but it seems to me to come out of the water just fine. At 3000 rpm I'm doing 22 knots ( 25 ish mph) and burning about 7-8 gallons an hour. WOT it will do 36 knots but while I can more than afford it, I don't want to burn that much fuel. Most of the time it's just 2 of us in the boat but with 4 it is a difference, not enough that a 5.7 would change. 383 stroker may make a difference but again more fuel. I've been on the water all my life and believe me most pleasure boaters than I see shouldn't go 30-35 mph on the water. JMHO, and I am flame ready
LOL, flame ready.

Not sure what a guy could get this for...

Hey guys, thank you for reaching out, appreciate it allot...

So, this is the lowdown, this what I am looking for in a boat and why, keep in mind this will not be a full time fishing boat but rather more on the family, fresh water, funner side of things... :)

1. I really need a fully enclosed cabin with Alaskan bulkhead for my wife, she is NOT a big boater and gets cold really easy even on the lakes in the interior, my mother-in-law needs shad for her mild Melanoma.
2. I need to have something as big and stable as possible (for feeling of security for my wife, daughter and mother-in-law) but still MUST be able to be 1/2 towable.
3. I do like and want an IO as the seats make for a nice sun-pad for my 17yr daughter and wife.
4. The 2359 has a walk through transom which I would really like to have as my mother-in-law is in her late 60's and loves to swim so I cant see her climbing over a full height transom.
5. We need the ability to do "stay-aboards" as being from Alberta having a boat big enough to say aboard will keep accommodation expenses to a minimum as well as the ability to travel a bit further for the odd weekend excursion.
6. I will need to install a hot water shower so the folks can warm up after spending time in the water so need the I/O
7. My son and girlfriend would like to come and spend a weekend so need a boat that the table makes into a bed
8. Like to have a sink and cooktop, and boat needs a head for the ladies
9. For me :) salt water friendly and fishy haha ya notice i'm the last on the list.... o brother!

That , my friends, is the long and short of it, in a nut shell. I have 4 people in my life that have some kinda specific requirements to make this work, I want to do it right and only once :) so I am trying to incorporate as much as possible into just one boat. :) hence the Thropy 2359, it seems to fit the bill the best and it has the bonus sleeping cubby on the port side below the dinette seating for a +1 to sleep...

That Sportsmen Sea Sport is very nice and in my price budget for sure but still on the small side of things, it could work in a pinch but i know there is a better fit to my needs, I am thinking about it but dont want to be desperate and regret a decision, after the fact which by the way is tottaly different than buyers remorse, hahaha

Last edited:
Yep, been looking at it and been talking to him, no transom door and the Vberth has like a multi level cushion arrangement, weird!

Definitely over your budget range but has a lot of resale potential. Owner runs Scotty downriggers so must be a reasonable guy to make a dealing with. ;) :p

Last edited:

Definitely over your budget but has a lot of resale potential.
Yes, saw that one as well, I emailed, no reply yet... I found 2 other 2359's and reached out with no replies as of yet

Yes, saw that one as well, I emailed, no reply yet... I found 2 other 2359's and reached out with no replies as of yet
Hi Robert, check this out. Not far from Red Deer. May be worth looking at . Looks like a pretty decent rig..

Attachments

• C8145C4C-0D9F-4AC2-9121-307D03F766F2.png
    C8145C4C-0D9F-4AC2-9121-307D03F766F2.png
    629 KB · Views: 27
  • 14E1448A-7A6B-4877-9360-7B21508C63C0.png
    14E1448A-7A6B-4877-9360-7B21508C63C0.png
    703.3 KB · Views: 26
Hi Robert, check this out. Not far from Red Deer. May be worth looking at . Looks like a pretty decent rig..

Been on it and looked at it, he did come down in price a bit but my wife felt tooo cramped on it which is why I redirected my focus off the Campion and onto the 2359, my neighbour just sold his 2359 and missed it by a day, I did get a chance to get on it before it was picked up and really liked how open it was...

Been on it and looked at it, he did come down in price a bit but my wife felt tooo cramped on it which is why I redirected my focus off the Campion and onto the 2359, my neighbour just sold his 2359 and missed it by a day, I did get a chance to get on it before it was picked up and really liked how open it was...
Hi Robert I went through the same journey your on looking for a 2359.
I had to go to PEI to get mine I couldn't find a clean one with the 260 hp. bravo 3 Ours is a 2008 FWC 5.0 MPI Bravo 3 last year they were made was 09
I swapped the standard 22 pitch 3x3 prop to a 21 pitch merc 4x3 it pulls very well 41 MPH WOT cruises about 25/26 at 10-11 gph. avg.
very happy with it overall not perfect but it's nice and it's comfortable.
The cuddy is huge more storage would be nice but we get by.
I think the bravo 3 makes a big difference in my opinion it's worth the search.
We are in the Crowsnest Pass if your ever going by and want to have a look

Hi Robert I went through the same journey your on looking for a 2359.
I had to go to PEI to get mine I couldn't find a clean one with the 260 hp. bravo 3 Ours is a 2008 FWC 5.0 MPI Bravo 3 last year they were made was 09
I swapped the standard 22 pitch 3x3 prop to a 21 pitch merc 4x3 it pulls very well 41 MPH WOT cruises about 25/26 at 10-11 gph. avg.
very happy with it overall not perfect but it's nice and it's comfortable.
The cuddy is huge more storage would be nice but we get by.
I think the bravo 3 makes a big difference in my opinion it's worth the search.
We are in the Crowsnest Pass if your ever going by and want to have a look
Thank you Mike, PM sent, appreciate the offer and one I will surely fulfil when passing through :)

Hey guys, thank you for reaching out, appreciate it allot...

So, this is the lowdown, this what I am looking for in a boat and why, keep in mind this will not be a full time fishing boat but rather more on the family, fresh water, funner side of things... :)

1. I really need a fully enclosed cabin with Alaskan bulkhead for my wife, she is NOT a big boater and gets cold really easy even on the lakes in the interior, my mother-in-law needs shad for her mild Melanoma.
2. I need to have something as big and stable as possible (for feeling of security for my wife, daughter and mother-in-law) but still MUST be able to be 1/2 towable.
3. I do like and want an IO as the seats make for a nice sun-pad for my 17yr daughter and wife.
4. The 2359 has a walk through transom which I would really like to have as my mother-in-law is in her late 60's and loves to swim so I cant see her climbing over a full height transom.
5. We need the ability to do "stay-aboards" as being from Alberta having a boat big enough to say aboard will keep accommodation expenses to a minimum as well as the ability to travel a bit further for the odd weekend excursion.
6. I will need to install a hot water shower so the folks can warm up after spending time in the water so need the I/O
7. My son and girlfriend would like to come and spend a weekend so need a boat that the table makes into a bed
8. Like to have a sink and cooktop, and boat needs a head for the ladies
9. For me :) salt water friendly and fishy haha ya notice i'm the last on the list.... o brother!

That , my friends, is the long and short of it, in a nut shell. I have 4 people in my life that have some kinda specific requirements to make this work, I want to do it right and only once :) so I am trying to incorporate as much as possible into just one boat. :) hence the Thropy 2359, it seems to fit the bill the best and it has the bonus sleeping cubby on the port side below the dinette seating for a +1 to sleep...
If you are in Calgary, I have one I might be interested in letting go

Attachments

• 2359.jpg
    2359.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 134
BUMP! buler, buler, buler... I will settle for the Explorer 622 now, my must have list has turned into "I can live without allot", haha

I would definetly refine your list for who is the boat really for, I’m not sure there are any boats under 26 feet that have a big enough table berth and although I brought my in laws out pre Covid they haven’t been out since and we live in the same house. Did that overpriced campion hard top sell? My friend got a mint overpriced 40k Boston whaler for 33k.

Back