Best of luck to all...

Hey Mike, ya I get it, overnights will only ever be two, no more! The Campion is a bit smaller for sleep boards but definitely doable and keeps the tow rating in check with the 1/2 ton. I am just very concerned that if I pay these outrageous prices and the tides turn this fall or even next summer, I will never see that over paid Covid tax money again, normal depreciation is one thing but... by by 10-15k of Covid money...lol
I wouldn’t worry too much about it. The depreciation of our Canadian pesos will be offsetting any potential market adjustments. Unless the money printing machine of Ottawa stops right away and the majority of the workforce returns to their jobs in the next few months, the inflation will keep pushing the prices even higher. The feds are running the country on a massive debt so the skyrocketing inflation is just going to show its face before the end of this year.

Summer is just around the corner. Buy what you can find and afford right now and don’t worry too much about the future. No one has a crystal ball. ;)

Life is going buy, the ocean isn’t getting any better. I bought a boat. Paid a lot. Helps my mental health being on the water. Bite the bullet. No boat is perfect. Every one I have owned had things I liked and didn’t but the 25 years of memories are priceless. Just my 2 cents after following your threads.

I am also a new crew member, all part of my addiction. More guys should support the site that we all enjoy.

View attachment 65819
This post is awesome!

Honestly who cares what the up front cost is anyways? It's the annual stuff that's going to add up WAY faster lol.
You have some good truth there for sure, I can do all/most of the maintenance myself as well as the fibreglass care so hoping to minimize annual expenses as much as possible....

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. The depreciation of our Canadian pesos will be offsetting any potential market adjustments. Unless the money printing machine of Ottawa stops right away and the majority of the workforce returns to their jobs in the next few months, the inflation will keep pushing the prices even higher. The feds are running the country on a massive debt so the skyrocketing inflation is just going to show its face before the end of this year.

Summer is just around the corner. Buy what you can find and afford right now and don’t worry too much about the future. No one has a crystal ball.
My fater-in-law is an investor and thinking a crash/economic adjustment is just around the corner. We cashed in all our stocks for the the next little bit at least to see what happens, this cant last, something has to give! YES/NO?

This post is awesome!
I agree, the struggle is real and I'm sure if I am thinking it others are as well... :) This is doing real life folks and discussing the reality of boat purchase and ownership.

Hope you do. Looks like a well taken care of boat. Offer him a deposit. Might sway the deal.
I offered him $5000 and willing to pay $1000 over asking LOL

I still have those downriggers you sold me in box. Waiting to install them on my project boat. Any updates on your old rig from the new owner?

I still have those downriggers you sold me in box. Waiting to install them on my project boat. Any updates on your old rig from the new owner?
No not yet I will be seeing him late august as we planned a fishing trip, not on the Hourston lol

Wow public forum Rob! You're gonna let the third in line know your offer, and soon you will be third in line haha
Geeze, never clued into that, got lost in the excitement! O frig… lol

I doubled what you offered him plus the Keg card and now I’m the first guy in line...
View attachment 66340
jjk - hope all works out for you. It checks all your boxes. If you get it, we should all meet for some fried chicken when you come down to pick her up. Ehemmmmm...
Yes, my treat to all who can attend :)

Yes, my treat to all who can attend :)
You’re the man!
We’ve got nothing else to do until end of August, thanks to DFO. As long as you don’t pick a soggy day in middle of November to get us out to False Creek, we’re all going to attend. Just don’t coordinate the logistics with RC, please.....:p:D

Back