Best Bday gift

rockdog

Some of you guys may recall me posting up some pics of my just turned 7 year old son holding a coho, grinnin' ear to ear. He's a fishing nut!!
So its my birthday the other day. I get home from work, and he run's up to me and gives me a present he made for me. He says he made it all by himself..................a fly.
He sat downstairs for an hour, and 'ties' me a fly, with crafts that he found. Its actually pretty impressive when you consider a 7 year old, who's never done this before, ties you a fly!! He says he watched how to make them on youtube! 1
I tell you, this kid has it when it comes to fishing. I looked on usedvic, and i'm gonna buy him some of the proper fly tying stuff, he loves it.
Here's a pic of the fly. I told him we'd drag it at Elk, and see what happens! His eyes will be glued to the tip of that rod.......................ya never know

Attachments

• 102_0437.jpg
    102_0437.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 195
Very cool and a great job by the little man, PM me your address and I will send you some feathers and deer and elk hair to help him get started. Great to see him take an interest, keep encouraging him

Looks better than anything that I could tie!
Dave

To rockdog Jr.

tumblr_lzvcyrNsCc1qbygev.gif

That is one awesome looking fly, but i'd be scared to use it. It looks pretty fishy and if ya hit a good fish ya might end up losing it, and that wouldn't be good. Ya sure don't want to lose that birthday present!! Gee, seems like you are inbetween a rockdog and a hard place! Great job by your young fella , hope he keeps up the good work.

Haha, thanks guys, sure had a good laugh over the comments.

Hookin up, you can pre order your wooly rockdogs anytime!!lol

Back