Beach Fishing Spots

Weff

Hey everyone, first thread and post for me. I've been following these forums and have found them both informative, and helpful. Some threads just **** you off (Conservation, Fishery Politics and Management) ok gotta stop there, I get started on the Lice Farms I don't stop.................take a deep breath.

Anyway, I don't have a boat and would like all the help I can get on where to beach fish. I'm new to the area, used to live in Ukee and Ontario before that. I'm somewhat familiar with this side from Courtenay to CR. I live in Courtenay. Anywhere within 30'ish minute drive north or south would be best. And also.........sorry but could you give a detailed description of how to get to the spots. Currently I go to King Coho, lately been checking out Oyster Bay, lots of Pinks in there, not hitting though :( I'm aware of Oyster River estuary so I know that one. Can you fish the Tyee Pool in CR from the beach? I'm thinking you can but am not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From what I can gather is that the beach fishing is a tough go this year. I do know some people who hit Salmon point rocks a few days ago, and managed 13 catch and release coho. i hit a nice coho myself beginning of July at singing sands / King coho.

Thanks a bunch man, I'll figure out where Salmon Point is and definitely check it out, really appreciate the help!

EDIT: Ok found Salmon Point Rd and RV park, speaks for itself, I'm assuming the rocks are close by - can't wait to try it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Salmon point is just past oyster river, campbell river side.

Check your private messages Weff

Last edited by a moderator:
Back