BC Outdoor show in Abbotsford

Capilano

If you are going to the BC Outdoor show this today or this weekend, allow extra time to get there. Went today and due to construction on Mt. Lehman Rd, closer to the airport, traffic was backed up and onto the highway at and onto the Mt. Lehman off ramp. Took almost 30 minutes from the off ramp to the Event Center, then another 13 minutes waiting to pay for parking.

When we left, there was not much traffic heading back out to the highway, but noticed that the traffic was still well backed up onto the Mt. Lehman off ramp going in.

According to the show’s website, construction was only happening Friday. There is no scheduled construction on Mt Lehman Rd. for Saturday or Sunday, so the road should be clear.

Any good deals?

Not really. Some of the "show" prices" were not all that great for gear - or boats. Only good prices I seen were on smaller Merc outboards at the Inlet Marine display. I ended up only purchasing a few lures and a freshwater spinning reel.

According to the show’s website, construction was only happening Friday. There is no scheduled construction on Mt Lehman Rd. for Saturday or Sunday, so the road should be clear.

Unless they really clean up the construction areas tonight, I would not be surprised if there is still not traffic control to contend with over the weekend.

Just to add. Very sad to see a couple of "outdoors men" yelling and swearing their frustrations about the traffic to one of traffic control flag people. It's not like that person has any say in what / how / why the road was down to single lane alternating...

Be prepared ..pay parking has kiosks with massive lineups if u dont pay by phone..

Just to add. Very sad to see a couple of "outdoors men" yelling and swearing their frustrations about the traffic to one of traffic control flag people. It's not like that person has any say in what / how / why the road was down to single lane alternating...
Or.... to avoid those flag people, if you’re coming in on Highway 1 from west of 264 st. go south on 264 to 8th Ave, turn east on 8th and drive straight about 8 kilometres to the south end of Mt Lehman Rd. Viola, Tradex half a click to the left, no traffic controllers, and no yelling outdoorsmen. Worked for me.

We came over for the show this morning and made it there from the tsawwassen boat in about one hr ten mins thru highway 99-16th ave. Thought it was a great show, we prepaid our tickets online and also the parking. Met some pretty cool people in the fishing world.

We came over for the show this morning and made it there from the tsawwassen boat in about one hr ten mins thru highway 99-16th ave. Thought it was a great show, we prepaid our tickets online and also the parking. Met some pretty cool people in the fishing world.
You coming to my pub night on May 11??

You coming to my pub night on May 11??
Not sure buds , the world as i know it is going to get alot busier for me with the little one coming in the next two weeks. Alex and I were talking with the people from SFI today . Picked up a rock cod decender. Will see if i can swing it but it will hinge on my parental leave from work.

Back