BC Drift fishers

R

reel addiction

I was just looking at the web site, did you guys know about this?
They do great work everyone should sign up, its only a few bucks and all the money goes to helping out the fishery! Get on board and we can make a difference.
Wouldn't you like to see more fish in the rivers and less money spent on micro managment?
Let me know what you think,I'm ready to stir up some**** and get something done!!

reeladdiction

RVP is trying to do this localy with kill fish you shoudl check out his site [8D]

its for Vancouver Island

The BCFDF takes on numerous, diversified and complex issues which gives the angler openings, a say, and rights to what we all hold dear to our heart and our heritage. This doesnt mean that everything is always rosy and we are singing KUMBYA, but we always will be in agreement to fight for access when conservation needs are met. I hate to say it but this year looks very very bleak, openings on the Fraser may never come, However our ORG. has already starting organizing with other big players(SFAB/SFAC members)to fight for anglers to keep the possibilities(remote??) open. The Native Bands have already dug in their heels this year and believe me when i say that this summer could see the sports community finally banding together to get DFO's attention

Well put Crammer. Since becoming a member myself I have been very impressed with the level of involvment that BCFDF has taken to task. The groups intentions are genuenly honest and I will proudly back them.
Yes, there is a desprate need for both DFO and MOE to start apreciating more the people who fund there budgets. Politicaly, the most vocal user groups get majority of access to fish stock and not the group that is largest or pays the most. Sportfishers have been quietly enjoying there continuing reduced opportunities. If the present [close everything] trend is to ever reverse it is going to take some serios action!
If there is anybody out there that is interested in getting involved [even just a little bit] the BCFDF is interested in helping you direct your energy to where it will make a difference. I can confirm, from my own experience, that one person can make a diffrence but many people can do more.

Been alot of talk amongst the anglers on the south island about this and we will be getting involved here.Good to see Ken and Steve bringin attention to this on here!

BCDFF should update their webpage so people can also sign up electronically, (instead of currently having to print out a form and mail it) - so we can pay via Paypal or such. Also, the webmasters email is defunct.

The BCFDF will have a booth at the outdoor show in Abby next weekend, i dont know if we will be doing a pathways</u> but if we do its usually a very successful booth

Back