BC Coastal Cutthroat trout

Just fished Brewster Lk for the weekend, seen many 8' black fish jumping of the beach. When it wasn't raining and blowing i would go for a troll off the flume end of the lake.Good weather for hunting, mushrooming .No fish this this trip.There is more elk around than deer.

Fished the mowat around shingle mill ,no luck sure would like to get further up the Fjord before the end of the month ,I will meet you there on a morning if you will take us there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for this thread ,liked your fish so much i hi-jacked it for my post photo, till i get one of my own.

I met a couple,fishermen at Fry lk.They had three in the bag and one was a 19-20" ,2 at 16" .Spoons cast from shore at the portage to Lawson.Bellies were said to be full of sculpin.

With water from the salmon river into brewster and fry to lower campbell lake dose this give way for rainbow, cutthrout trout to breed cutbows? there is a falls on the flume so the fish might not be able to navigate upstream of the flume. new fence on the flume to keep the elk from falling in.

How do you keep the ice from forming in motors after use, overnight, for morning use on a lake, (out side storage).When it below -0c.What is the best way to cold start a frozen motor (water not pumping)? lucky a few years back when i stopped for lunch 2hrs .Tube between motor and shroud froze and stopped pumping water .could happen if you shut your big one down to troll on kicker on the lake in the winter .Think leg in the water for overnight to keep impeller housing from cracking.) need this info for a woss nimpkish trip with the 14'.

PICT0024.jpgPICT0025.jpgPICT0026.jpgrig works as a 3rd line anywhere .Produces the monsters hand tied by me,and spins so fished with pal.others i have success with pull true and fished no flash of sink tip .rinse the chuck where before its lost.

Made it tin tent camping at strathcona dam,trolled plugs and crocks in lower campbell for 3hrs on saturday got a 4lbs, and 2 hrs sunday got a 3lbs ,rained heavy and ruined my camera.must have been 40 merganzers feeding in the campbell river.great first camp of the year.

4x4Overnighter .roe and worms behind the island at strathcona dam turn,two little ones ,cooked them on a stick after dusk.

CLIP0005-001.jpg good release on both .in the corner of mouth ,hard to get the pictures and manage everyting going on.simplest way is shake the hook away.

Back