Bass luck?

Hasn't been too bad. I think this little weather front has made the bite a little off tho.
Buddy caught a 3.9lber out of Long lake on the 8th. I am jazzed to go try St Mary's lake on Saltspring.

Hasn't been too bad. I think this little weather front has made the bite a little off tho.
Buddy caught a 3.9lber out of Long lake on the 8th. I am jazzed to go try St Mary's lake on Saltspring.

caught a not bad bass at long lake today. We always catch small ones but not sure where to fish for those nitorious 7 lbers, if anyone knows or has a good spot tell me. Although I know of one spot where a buddy of mine lives on the lake under his dock and catches it every year once or twice and it's about 7 lbs!

caught a not bad bass at long lake today. We always catch small ones but not sure where to fish for those nitorious 7 lbers, if anyone knows or has a good spot tell me. Although I know of one spot where a buddy of mine lives on the lake under his dock and catches it every year once or twice and it's about 7 lbs!

my best bass sits at 5 1/2 pounds, quennel lake 3 years ago. only time ive ever fished em.

cody

hey!...wheres my float?
uh oh...

my best bass sits at 5 1/2 pounds, quennel lake 3 years ago. only time ive ever fished em.

cody

hey!...wheres my float?
uh oh...

ya thats a nice bass! I hear of 5-7 lbsers come out of quennel all the time, but in the tourniment in june everyone was catchin small ones. I think the biggest fowl hook and I caught was about 1.2 lbs and the winner was 3.8 lbs.

ya thats a nice bass! I hear of 5-7 lbsers come out of quennel all the time, but in the tourniment in june everyone was catchin small ones. I think the biggest fowl hook and I caught was about 1.2 lbs and the winner was 3.8 lbs.

quote: but in the tourniment in june everyone was catchin small ones. I think the biggest fowl hook and I caught was about 1.2 lbs and the winner was 3.8 lbs.

thats because everyone fishes the lake so hard for 2 or 3 days prior to the tournament. When tournament day rolls around the majority of the fish have been disturbed to the point where they become very tight lipped.
I have caught a few bass out of quennel on the fly that were pushing 5 and one that must have been very close to 6.

Edited by - chevyshaulass on 07/15/2004 01:32:20

quote: but in the tourniment in june everyone was catchin small ones. I think the biggest fowl hook and I caught was about 1.2 lbs and the winner was 3.8 lbs.

thats because everyone fishes the lake so hard for 2 or 3 days prior to the tournament. When tournament day rolls around the majority of the fish have been disturbed to the point where they become very tight lipped.
I have caught a few bass out of quennel on the fly that were pushing 5 and one that must have been very close to 6.

Edited by - chevyshaulass on 07/15/2004 01:32:20

Oh ok that makes sence. The fish need a break eh i get it.

Oh ok that makes sence. The fish need a break eh i get it.

Back