Barkley Sound?

O

opp-i-ottan

Coming to Ucluelet on Sunday. Staying at Tauca Lea. If weather permits, we're thinking of fishing the "Shipwreck" (or further off shore). If inside... thinking of fishing Kirby and Swale! Anybody have any latest news? Location?... Lure?... Depth?... Etc...

Oppi

Most guys that ran out to 27 mile this weekend are busy buying an extra freezer. It was like a lake and the tough part was getting bait and lures down past the coho. Smileys averaged high twenties up to low 30's between 50 and 150 ft. Cohos to 10 lb.s were about 80% to 20% wild to hatchery 0 ft. to 120 ft. Bring plugs to avoid cohos and secure your limit. Anchovie was the best for springs but hootchies (purple haze and green blue combos) worked as well.

Inside was producing the at the usual hot spots but if you can get outside do it.

By the way Chris, I found out where to get bulk chovies, and it wasn't at the Tackle shop.

Tortuga

Thanks Tortuga! :) Sounds good off shore but the long range wind and weather forecast does not look that promising at the moment! Gonna cloud over on the weekend and winds shifting to SE which normally means Strong to Gale force and showers! [V] Hoping for the best though! [8D] What are the local restrictions on Coho right now?

Oppi

2 hatchery per day outside anyway. Check the local regs for where the line actually is.

If the weather changes, Kind Edward coughed up a couple morning springs to a big white hootchie and purple flasher combo but bring your seal repellant.

Good luck

Fished Pill yesterday morning and Swale in the afternoon.

Total of 8 springs, two boats, all 15 to 20 lbs. Nice fish.

All on spoons, 40 to 60 feet.

Hope that helps some.

I am headed to poets nook from the 25 - 31 where would there be halibut then 5,7, or further out. are there biger fish there now and will the rain this week put them in the rivers?

quote:Originally posted by jig55

I am headed to poets nook from the 25 - 31 where would there be halibut then 5,7, or further out. are there biger fish there now and will the rain this week put them in the rivers?

I'm 100% positive that the rain will not put the Halibut in the rivers. [8D]

I doubt that the rain will take the fish all the way from the banks into the rivers. However, it could coax them into the Sound...

Back