Barkley Sound Lodge

Fishdreamer

Crew Member
Thinking of going to Barkley Sound Lodge next summer, has anyone stayed there before? Have any good or bad experiences? I've always fished farther north and thought a new area might be nice.

We stayed there last summer. It’s a cool little Lodge nestled in a secluded bay. The Lodge has tons of potential but is lacking of service and food quality. The owner seems like a great guy but needs to nail down his staff as opposed to having his crew coming and going. Our accommodations were pretty sparse but great because only about 8’ out the door straight into the boat. I definitely wouldn’t return with the wives but possibly on an all guys trip.

We stayed there last year as well. On our first morning the staff slept in and we were wondering around looking for food as nothing was left out. Besides that the food was OK. We each left our visa numbers and names to pay separately but I guess it was just easier for them to charge the whole group to my visa...

I asked the guys if they wanted to go back this year and none of them were interested so we looked for diferent accommodations.

The pluses are that they have a cool hang out area and a games room. Inside fishing grounds are close by and they have good fish cleaning stations and freezers.

I would go back but would just curb my expectations.

My thoughts are same on food/disorganization. We chose to go somewhere else this year, and have stayed last year/ year before. Has lot of potential but its more of a party spot I find. Not really the greatest for kids and wives.

Good to know..i was thinking of staying there a nite or two on the run back South in Mid September…. will go elsewhere…..

Back