Bamfield in May - FYI

ratherbefishing

Not sure how many of you venture out to Bamfield in early May but I quite enjoy that time of year as it is one of my favourites. Was just chatting with the boys from Seabeam and it sounds as tho they will be opening May 1 so there is a warm place to sleep.

Cutplug + surfline = good times (did I say too much?)

:D:DThere should be plenty of fish on the surf line - big run of springers coming down.:D:D

We were there last weekend for the derby, didnt do well for fishing but met lots of nice people and did enjoy ourself with the sceneries...
definitely we will be back out to Bamfield in May for another round of fishing....

Whats the matter guys? I would have thought I would see this tread go crazy. May is a great time to fish Bamfield and with Seabeam opening early this year....I am all over it.

There is going a group of us there from the Comox Valley from the 15th thru the 17th......

Join Us......

I was toying with the idea of heading up for the Easter long weekend. Does anyone know it the Nook is open for camping that early??

can't wait till May, heading up this Friday to Sunday, staying at a house on the west side called Mary's. With any luck the weather will be balmy, the water calm and the fishing outstanding.

or we'll get soaked and cold, but I bet we'll find something for dinner.

Maybe with the Easter Long Weekend being so late in April we should try to see how many guys might be looking to head up. Would be a whole lot of fun to try to organize a little mini derby...otherwise known as an excuse we can use on our wives to let us drink. Any interest?? Was thinking of going down to do some work on the cabin, but I need an excuse to stop working for at least part of a day.

Did you guys know that you can book Seabeam @ 250-390-2887 which is so much closer to the surf line..... Which is key at this time of year... Which is also closer to all the fish till they start to return hopefully this year to the canal. Booking any where closer to the out side could possibly save you in fuel over the long run.

I am looking to save all the money that I can this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe with the easter long weekend being so late in april we should try to see how many guys might be looking to head up. Would be a whole lot of fun to try to organize a little mini derby...otherwise known as an excuse we can use on our wives to let us drink. Any interest?? Was thinking of going down to do some work on the cabin, but i need an excuse to stop working for at least part of a day.

lets do it!!!

Back