Bamfield Fishing Reports

Hey boy's , I am heading up this friday , road report would be moocho appreciated, snow all gone !! imagine a little bumpy after the snow and rain , we'll be getting our gear in for hopefully, 2009's first hookup (s)[:eek:)], any reports this week , thanks in advance!! Cheers , FD ;)

IMG_1356-1-1-1.jpg

Thanks Bod , I appreciate it, weather forecast sounds great as well for the weekend , Sunny , High of 10-12 degrees !! Randy and I will be fishing out a 20 foot Hardtop " Big Blue " ( Bright Blue Lower Hull )Ch 68 , come out , throw ya a pop !! We'll be arround the entrance most likely ,might get motivated to try Swale, Rainy , Vernon etc... as well , Fishing Fri , Sat & Sun ,Cheers FD:D:DFish Report Anyone !!!;)

IMG_1356-1-1-1.jpg

There's some fish to be had.

You'll have to work for them, but once you're on a school it should light up for you. All the action I've had has been about 165'. Spoons outfishing hoochies, havn't fished bait. Herring strip is usually deadly right now as well.

Running false flashers for the spoons...

Gimee the gaff!!!

Well , Definately not a very interesting report , Got back from the Nook Sunday evening , managed to only fish 3 hours Saturday afternoon, fished Pill , Vernon and Diplock , found no " Bait " so , we bombed , seen only one boat out there , the whole frickin Sound , could not believe it , the sun was out ,water was **** on a plate, we were in our t-shirts ,we still had a blast , maybe the fish are more up towards the Wall, Kirby , Ship Is. , don't know , This winter thing is new to us , some work to do !! on a bright note , the Prawning and Crabbing was Amazing " the best Iv'e ever seen it , HUGE Dungees , 2 Five gallon pails of Large Prawns.Somthing very interesting, I apologize I don't know the name of the Logging Company just outside the Nook towards Sarita , They Closed Down , I am told , they were the ones that maintain the road , ??? Oh OH !! this was told to me by one of the local Oyster Farmers up there , also , the Oyster farm accross the Marina in the Nook is toast as well !! hmmm , what's going on !! Sure hope someone maintains that road somewhat this Spring, Bod , thanks for the Road Report , honestly , the road is the Best Ive ever seen it , we did 60 - 80 all the way there in my 4x4 ,the nicest part , NO DUST !! should hopefully be in great shape for the loggers Derby , Spoke to some locals about this Derby , I'm telling ya, if ya can make it up there , this sounds very organized , alot of door prizes even if ya don't catch , Don't let Winter fool you , it can be gorgeous up there , like this past weekend , that's it for now , we'll see ya up there March 28 , Later , FD;)

IMG_1356-1-1-1.jpg

Re the road to Bamfield, it is in the best shape right now since Government (Ministry of Forests) is kicking in some additional $$ to the forest company (Western) to help maintain the road. This MAY continue throughout the year since the forest company will be operating on a very limited basis this year due to economic issues.

fogducker. Thanks For the email.I fish out of canoe pass.Have only made a few trips in the winter. If you find the fish it is alot of fun. We find the weekend before fathers day to be very good. We bring the bald eagles hockey team from parksville out and the fishing gods usually reward us with 15 to 29 lb fish. Thanks Willyd

WD , yes June can be very productive , I got the Spring , Summer Fishery down in the area , we do well , just need to adjust , put some time in , get into some of these Winters- Feeders , such a large area to cover , maybe some members might give us some typical patterns of where these fish typically are found ,in the winter months , I know there alot deeper , 120 - 160 , I know what to put down there , just don't know where to typically look ,or Start , Info would be appreciated , thanks , FD;)

IMG_1356-1-1-1.jpg

Try the Front Door, Back Door, Vernon Bay, Swale, the Gibraltar drop off, Cree (inside the reef can be good). Generally 90 - 175 feet depending on where the bait sits. Rainy can be good at times if the bait goes there.

Thanks Searun ,Cree , Gibraltar , Swale etc.. great for us in May June !! my twins will love that ! $$$ any one fish Beale out to 6- 7 mile this time of the year , inside sounds finicky !! Was looking at the Bamfield Webcam this afternoon , Screen saver , theres definately boats coming in from the west , quite a few today , 3 - 4 boats, there fishin boats !! come on boy's , spill the beans , Big Wave Dave shows the outside has been extremely calm this past winter !!! take care , FD;)

IMG_1356-1-1-1.jpg

Hey Felix, sure looking forward to hooking up with you at the Nook this year........... though my first trips out are usually at the end of May running up from Alberni.... I have very much appreciated all of your reports and I have a bottle of 16 year old Laguvulin (that has been in my liquor cabinet for 16 years) that I am saving for this occassion. Gotta run, I have a 12 lb. 5 bone Prime Rib roast in the oven and guests showing up soon.......:D:D SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

No problem FD. Go get a few for me, I'm off the water for a few months while I get my new Grady rigged up and move stuff from my Wellcraft over so I will have to live off your stories until I'm back in the water. Tight lines.

Mark , sent ya an email , likewise bro , Damn you eat well:D:D Searun , hmmm , working on your new " Grady " that's gotta totally suck LOL !! you must be excited , congrats , when ya get er rigged , post a few shots , I actually just moved my rig over to a enclosed warehouse in North Van , I have not been able to get much done with this cold snowy weather , mostly bought all the gadgets, now need to install them , take your time , do it right , I learned off my last boat , thought it was pefectly set up , after using it for a few seasons , i wish I did a few things differently , Hoping I get her perfect on this boat , Good Luck , keep us up to date , later , FD;)

IMG_1356-1-1-1.jpg

Hey Felix, the PM didn't come through for some reason.......... my email address is mpiquette@shaw.ca I am hoping we can plan to get into some trouble before the end of May! ;) Maurice (aka Mark) :D

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Hey, fished a couple of hours this morning off the harbour - nada.

Heading back out this afternoon with fresh crew! Will post when we're back.

SS - You should come out for the loggers derby for sure.

WillyD, Felix - A big one came in from Beale last week. 20+

Gimee the gaff!!!

Weather today was great, going to hell as we speak. Watched a few of the trollers come into the harbour for cover as we fished.

Didn't get to run anywhere today as my fishing partners were broken up so I stayed in front of the harbour. No fish.

Not a bite. Not a shaker. Ya know. One of those days.

But - it was beautiful and we had fun. I think thats what it's all about. At least thats what that hairlipped soccer coach in grade 4 told us. We sucked. Lost every game...

HAHAHA

Once the ****storm blows through I'll start putting in some real effort. Gonna have to be tuned up for the big derby!

Gimee the gaff!!!

Hey, from what I can tell, I you don't know Osama, you can't afford the beer...................;) SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Back