Bait Rod

spring fever

Just saw this slick piece of gear down in Baja-it's called a bait rod-you know the tiny little feathers that you use to fish herring and other bait usually 7-9 in a line and when you want them they are all tangled in your box-this maybe the answer. The whole string reels into a funnel like device on the top of the rod and goes inside the hollow tube of the rod so the bait rod stays rigged and the only thing you see is the weight at the end of the rod sticking slightly out of the funnel. They invented this in So. Cal and it looks like it would work anywhere there is bait plus you could have it ready at all time. Got one on order and will take pics and let everyone know how it works.

You can make one yourself from the right size PVC pipe and some strategically place caulking-strap the reel on with hose clamps.

Absolutley, you would need something to act as a little funnel going in and coming out-If I can't get one sent down for a reasonable price then I will make one as well. If I can't get one I will post some pics of the neighbours so that you can make your own. We ain't makin gun barrels here!!! But a truly unique idea.

Back