Bagging your daily catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Rev

Hi. Looking for some advice on purchasing bags for placing cleaned fish in. Anyone know a local supplier in Campbell River?

I got a big roll of it from industrial plastics and cut my own sizes. Vac pac seal one end.

I buy these at Canadian Tire in ten packs for about $15 I believe. I just use them for transporting dressed salmon from the boat to home. I’ve seen them at tackle stores as well.

dip the bagged fish in the water without the water getting water into the bag. it will remove almost all the air. tie it off well to seal.
bargain vac pac. i do this with whole fish that will be frozen then processed later.

dip the bagged fish in the water without the water getting water into the bag. it will remove almost all the air. tie it off well to seal.
bargain vac pac. i do this with whole fish that will be frozen then processed later.
We used to call that cheap mans vacuum seal....LOL

This is what I use. 8 or 12 inch wide. Rip off what you need tie a knot on the end put in the fish then tie other end off. Great in the boat. You can vacuum seal as well but it’s not ideal. Use for transport to/from boat/house.

Last edited:
uline has a big rolls of plastic we use that to bag and freeze then vaccum pack once where home. we also precut the fillets but not the skin so that we can break the pieces apart
I bought a roll of bags from Uline. They're kind of fat and short for bigger fish but they're cheeeeeap.

Thanks everyone. I really liked the poly role of 500 ft and then knot the end. Some great information. Thanks for sharing

This is what is use. 8 or 12 inch wide. Rip off what you need tie a knot on the end put in the fish then tie other end off. Great in the boat. You can vacuum seal as well but it’s not ideal. Use use for transport to/from boat/house.

I might order a roll. Curious how the quality/thickness stacks up against the trophy bags. Can’t seem to find how many MMs the trophy bags are.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back