Auxilary Steering

tykkyt e blue

If anyone with HYD steering ( teleflex ) has wanted to have aux steering in the cockpit area and doesn't hhave a place for the extra helm unit and wheel????
I just got back from Port Renfrew and a first test of an elec hyd auxilary system (Using a Teleflex autopilot pump ). I'm very happy with it!!!! In 2 seconds you can adjust the steering by just alight push on a rocker switch. Better yet, you can put the switch anywhere you can run wire so no real limits on its location.

pm me if you want/need details

Pls post some details and pics.
I've been thinking of rear steering for my boat but there is not really a good location to install.
Have been considering an autopilot also.

If anyone with HYD steering ( teleflex ) has wanted to have aux steering in the cockpit area and doesn't hhave a place for the extra helm unit and wheel????
I just got back from Port Renfrew and a first test of an elec hyd auxilary system (Using a Teleflex autopilot pump ). I'm very happy with it!!!! In 2 seconds you can adjust the steering by just alight push on a rocker switch. Better yet, you can put the switch anywhere you can run wire so no real limits on its location.

pm me if you want/need details

Curious as to how much this costed??? I have been considering aux steering for my next boat already..

Yak

I used a pump from Teleflex - check their website under 'autopilot pump'
I think maybe $400 for pump plus hoses and fittings another $200??? - I had some leftover parts from original outfitting so I'm not sure
Keep in mind this pump is too big to use as an autopilot. It moves too much fluid and would cause severe hunting as an autopilot - I used a momentary rocker switch to 'bump' the motor slightly as I play a fish and try to keep out of everyone elses way

Back