Area 14 Winter Chinook - No Retention??

bluwater

Was planning to make an excursion to the water in search of finding a winter spring. All be it a bit early in the season the forecast was promising for this area out front of French Creek. Gave the regs a quick check as part of preparations for heading out and was surprised to see that as of Dec. 02, 2021 DFO has changed the regs for retention. Digging a little further it also apears to be the same for Areas 13,15 &17. Am I missing something in reading the regs? Is this a typical closure for this time of year? Can't say I have seen this before.

Was planning to make an excursion to the water in search of finding a winter spring. All be it a bit early in the season the forecast was promising for this area out front of French Creek. Gave the regs a quick check as part of preparations for heading out and was surprised to see that as of Dec. 02, 2021 DFO has changed the regs for retention. Digging a little further it also apears to be the same for Areas 13,15 &17. Am I missing something in reading the regs? Is this a typical closure for this time of year? Can't say I have seen this before.

It is open. Someone's made a mistake with updating thanks for letting me know.... I will post back already asked. It looks like there was an update on chum salmon non retention but it knocked out the line chinook salmon. SFI app looks wrong as well.

Last edited:
No its isn't it is open. Someone's made a mistake with updating thanks for letting me know.... I will post back already asked. It looks like there was an update on chum salmon non retention but it knocked out the line chinook salmon. SFI app looks wrong as well.
Super, thanks for the update. Will watch for the changes from DFO.

Back