APS motors?

Anybody ever heard of, or used an APS motor? My buddy is a dealer and will sell me a brand new 6hp 4 stroke for $900 to use as a kicker on my 18' Daigle. I'm a little leary as I've never heard of this brand before. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience at all with them.

Thx.

I pretty much already told him that I'm not interested. Just wanted to make sure they are garbage. He says he sells a lot of them and they have been good motors. The last thing I'd want is for my main motor to die and then my kicker to die while trying to get home. Think I'll go with a Merc or a Yami and pay the extra cash for peace of mind. Always wondering if your motor is going to die on you or not is probably not a very good feeling. But, if somebody here has had great success with them, i'd be very interested in hearing about it. Although I want an 8 or 9.9, a 6 would probably work ok. He just happened to have a new one sitting in his shop right now and was giving me a pretty good deal.

At that price i would give it a try, if you're not happy take it back
everything comes with a customer satisfaction warranty these days ,
especially a new motor.

I would only buy that (well I never would) but..if it was just strictly a backup engine that was for emergencies only...so very few hours. I wouldn't buy something like that from China as a dependable trolling engine. Same goes with the cheap big generators out there. Ok for the odd use but not for a rental or job site unit.

I was told by a reputable outboard repairman that he heard that "Most parts almost fit Yamaha." Take that for what you will. Steer clear in my opinion.

Dave

Back