Anyone missing a grady?

I always marvel at the number of boats that wash up every year on Cadboro Bay and Oak Bay beaches -- and others that sink at anchor. Often pretty tidy boats that people have trusted to a deficient anchoring setup. $100,000 boat and $100 worth of anchoring materials...

I always marvel at the number of boats that wash up every year on Cadboro Bay and Oak Bay beaches -- and others that sink at anchor. Often pretty tidy boats that people have trusted to a deficient anchoring setup. $100,000 boat and $100 worth of anchoring materials...
I once watched a brand new float home moored to a dock in a manner that even myself a layman in moorage knew was stupid and low and behold a few months later the windstorm of 2018 took it for a ride through the fueling dock and across the bay.

Not just boats that were moved in that wind, check out this huge boathouse that isn’t where it should be! IMG_3752.jpeg

From Fb sounds like the owner was found and was trying to dig it out.

I haven't been up but if this thing is where I think it is, it will be hard to get an excavator onto that section of beach to pivot and haul it off. Tidal as well so they will need a super ring tow line. Any time a vessel has landed far up the beach in a storm, it takes ages to remove as they need to wait for another super high tide, and calm seas, to remove.

I haven't been up but if this thing is where I think it is, it will be hard to get an excavator onto that section of beach to pivot and haul it off. Tidal as well so they will need a super ring tow line. Any time a vessel has landed far up the beach in a storm, it takes ages to remove as they need to wait for another super high tide, and calm seas, to remove.
Those king tides are coming, but they’re often associated with strong winds. Barge on the beach was a good example.

Nothin to it, call bruno

Back