Anyone fishing the North Shore Fish & Game Club Derby this weekend? (Sunday, May 7th)

northvancb

I plan on fishing the event with some friends and picked up 3 tickets this week at Highwater Tackle - anyone else fishing the event? I've not fished it in the past - any tips for end of day docking at Thunderbird for weigh-in? (not familiar with that marina). Any info appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:
Ill be out there with a few friends as well for the derby. I am trying to find a picture of the marina layout.. basically as you come you will see docks straight ahead, head left and i always park at the very last dock , you should be able to see the road.. Hope this helps.

Dan

Last edited:
I plan on fishing the event with some friends and picked up 3 tickets this week at Highwater Tackle - anyone else fishing the event? I've not fished it in the past - any tips for end of day docking at Thunderbird for weigh-in? (not familiar with that marina). Any info appreciated.

Cheers

Unfortunately I have been drafted to work on Sunday morning so I will not be fishing but my tickets go to the cause anyways.

The weigh in is up at the North side of the offices. There will be space to tie up just at the bottom of the ramp. When you come into fisherman's Cove go down the North Channel (head left after you go a little ways past the gas barge).

The one piece of advice I would give would be to be in line at the top of the ramp with your fish entry at the 2 pm cutoff. That means just that....not tying up your boat, entering the harbour, etc. The last Few years on more than one occasion a winning entry was disallowed for failing to be in line at the weigh in on time.

Leave early to get in on time. Run your boat faster...whatever...just don't be late.

Get a google earth image of the cove and you'll see what I mean. Or if you have a chart plotter you'll see what I mean.

Have fun! May the fish be with you.

Back