Any other Char junkies on here????

Ya 6 to 10 feet. Sometimes when I fish rainbows on Okanagan lake I will go back 200 feet then put on the clip and send it down

Yea, those Okanagan lake rainbows are a skittish bunch. This time of year, ill put out 100 yards and then snap it on a planer board and then let that out another 30-40 yards.

Ya when I'm fishing on planner boards I will put out 100feet then clip it to the board and hopefully run the boards out to the side 80feet. I figure if you let it out to much line you may not get as much action from the board because ilof line stretch. I fish the big wooden boards and they hope and jump a fare bit

i have a set of the big wooden ones but i find that my boat is to small to run them properly. I just use the walleye boards and they seem to work pretty good as long as theres some sort of chop on the lake.

Ya I mostly run the boards in the small to mid chop. If it's really bump I run straight behind the boat. I have caught a couple real nice ones on buck tails in really calm water on wooden boards

I got them from CCB very high quality and not blue. White, pink, green, yellow and glow. Before I had all orange balls, I find blue balls to be bad luck and painful.

7 lbs 28 inches

My buddies 10.5 lbs lake trout similar length.

Its been a good year with the biggest at 16 7/8 lbs and almost 36 inches. Lots of hours on the ice though. A few good feeds of trout in the freezer.
My 36 incher

Not really a junkie but have caught a few in my day.
Couple pics from an absolutely awesome day on an inlet river not far from here, in March.

Really helps to have a chopper at your disposal in this valley.

Great thread so thanks for starting it.

Take care.

Back