Another One!!!!

JESUS. Unreal at 6:20 on when it starts jumping by the boat. Was he wrapping the leader around his hands? When it jumped behind the boat it looked like he was gonna swim.

Very cool footage. It gives you a good appreciation for the size of those fish.

Highliner
Fish2-2.gif

Hey CL, if "someday" ever comes, I bet you will get it to the boat quicker than the hali you got this year....:) SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Yep-- we live in hope of fulfilling our fantasys!!! ( ALL of them! :D)

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Wow, what a beauty! If I live to play a fish like that, I'll be a very happy man. Great vid.

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."

Damn!

Those pelagic fish sure are beautiful. Lets hope they are aound for generations to come. Very majestic.

From the sounds of things though they are being harvested at a rate more so than our own salmon.

When I was in Maui you could buy Marlin at Safeway. I thought it was kind of odd.

quote:Originally posted by Brisco
When I was in Maui you could buy Marlin at Safeway. I thought it was kind of odd.
It's for sale @ Granville Island all the time usually about $25/lb.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
freshwaterlagoonnuquicw3.jpg

I am talking about the Asian fishery. I saw a documentary on discovery a few months back about the pelagic species and the tremendous harvest on the open seas. BRUTAL . and it seems that anything that swims eventually ends up on the auction floor over there. It is amazing that anything is left in our seas from the pressure the Asian countries puts on our world stocks.

That is awesome footage for sure Chad!
1000 lb black on standup gear...I wonder if he spent time in the chair, if not that is pretty hardcore for sure.

I'm heading out to PV for two weeks on the 27th, if the plane gets away. I have been plowing the white crap for two days, Double time! It will pay for three days of fishing yeehaw!!

Last report from Tunatown is lots of wahoo, dorado, sails, marlin, cubera and 40 to 120lb yellowfin around.

Hey RS, Marlin is not bad from my experience but there are far tastier treats to be had from the warm waters.

I wish you all the best this holiday season and a fish filled New Year. I know what I want for x-mas...so with any luck.

PS. Hey Chad, thanks for your help, I have hooked up with Kurt, Bogii, and may do a half day inshore with Lora.

Back