Angler from Ontario, looking for some help!

ontariofisher

Hey everyone, Im from near toronto and am heading out to see some family near fernie BC in february. Im a big fly fisher here at home and of course will be bringing some rods along for my trip even though it will be not thew warmest. Just a question, how is the fishing on the Elk river or surrounding areas during mid february? I think its mostly cuttys and bulls in the elk river but I could be wrong. What kind of flies are you guys using that time of year? Any help would be great! Im truly jealous of the fishing out there, and I can't wait to go!

Cheers

Hey man,

The vast majority of people on here are from the island. Some from the mainland, and almost zero for the kootenays. On top of that, there are a lot less freshwater anglers, and even less fly fisherman. Although I have never fished over there Feb. or anytime for that matters, I do know That area would be freezing and full of snow in Mid Feb. Not sure how access would be and also Not sure if there is any fishing to be had at that time of the year.

Don't be to jealous of the fishing, Ontario has a lot better fishing then BC in a lot of aspects. BC has a lot more going for it then Ontario, most namely not being gross, but the fishing is a toss up depending on what you like.

Maybe try here for more info....

http://www.flyfishbc.com/forums/forum.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Google steelhead around Fernie... start there..

Back