Anchovies

paulo

Hey for anyone looking for anchovies, Canadian Tire, Grandview location located on Bentall in Vancouver just got a supply in. They are medium to small, $13.99 and herring as well in medium for $10.99.

It’s pretty funny I saw anchovies for 11.99 at Surrey Canadian tire. Then maple ridge had them 12.99 . And you say Vancouver is 13.99 what gives lol

Screaming bargain, Gents. I paid $ 19.99 at Sunset Marina...painful to catch a pink salmon on one that came out of those trays...

This is going to sound dumb but...
I have never really fished bait. Salmon around here seem to be eating way more herring than anchovy. I am actually not sure I have seen anchovies when I am fishing lately (although when I was a kid they used to sometimes fill Esquimalt Harbour).
Why is it that everyone seems to prefer them as bait?

This is going to sound dumb but...
I have never really fished bait. Salmon around here seem to be eating way more herring than anchovy. I am actually not sure I have seen anchovies when I am fishing lately (although when I was a kid they used to sometimes fill Esquimalt Harbour).
Why is it that everyone seems to prefer them as bait?
Close imitation of adult Pacific Sandlance in size and shape. Salmon take anchovies readily, ie they work. Generally pretty available in stores in season. Three different manufacturers of teaser heads offer a huge variety of colours and some variations in motion.

If you can find small "firecracker" herring, they work at least as well, and they're tougher than anchovies. I've been tempted to go back to what a lot of people here in Haida Gwaii used 30 years ago; herring strip in a strip-teaser.

If you can find small "firecracker" herring, they work at least as well, and they're tougher than anchovies. I've been tempted to go back to what a lot of people here in Haida Gwaii used 30 years ago; herring strip in a strip-teaser.
Works unreal in a chovie teaser head as well just cut strips a little smaller

I was looking through some old gear and found this old strip. I re rigged it with new line ,swivel and a hook fished with it over in bamfield. I caught three springs the times I used it. 19,and two 18 lb springs.

Attachments

• A8481628-5F91-493C-8FEB-50839EDA4C64.jpeg
    A8481628-5F91-493C-8FEB-50839EDA4C64.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 66
  • 57C3CD2E-0D87-4231-958E-2FE2220B705C.jpeg
    57C3CD2E-0D87-4231-958E-2FE2220B705C.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 64
Back