Anchovies prices

brutus

Lol never paid attention to price when I bought chovies, due to a shortage I did not take a chance and went and bought 10 packs before I leave on Tuesday for a week, 17.50$ a pack lol last I remember it was 9.99$ and I thought that was pricy

Lol never paid attention to price when I bought chovies, due to a shortage I did not take a chance and went and bought 10 packs before I leave on Tuesday for a week, 17.50$ a pack lol last I remember it was 9.99$ and I thought that was pricy
Brine those up. they spin faster than herring so maybe 6' leader. Ive used anchovies before but im herring guy. going to try the 7 foot leader biggest fish i caught was going dead slow against the current.

Brine those up. they spin faster than herring so maybe 6' leader. Ive used anchovies before but im herring guy. going to try the 7 foot leader biggest fish i caught was going dead slow against the current.
Ya been fishing chovie for a looong time never paid attention to how much they cost lately, maybe time to try all those spoons that don’t work a go

That seems pricey where’d you get them? Think there cheaper at Canadian tire or cabelas . Mind you I was in cabelas the other day was gonna grab some and had to tell the staff there freezer was busted lol fish were melted and dripping all over the freezer

That seems pricey where’d you get them? Think there cheaper at Canadian tire or cabelas . Mind you I was in cabelas the other day was gonna grab some and had to tell the staff there freezer was busted lol fish were melted and dripping all over the freezer
Berrys bait,there is a shortage but seems expensive

Might even be cheaper at the walnut grove corner store. I think last year was 15.99. Not sure what it is now .

Wow! It seems like it was not that long go that if you bought a case, you could get them for $6.00 a pack. Still have lots of packs left over from last year that are in decent shape.

Last edited:
Wow! It seems like it was not that long go that if you bought a case, you could get them for $6:00 a pack. Still have lots of packs left over from last year that are in decent shape.
Ya I never paid attention to how much they cost lol, but 10 packs was close to 200$ I threw up in my mouth a bit when he told me how much

Glad we do well with hootches. Guides who use Chovies a lot for Chinook, may need to up their prices.

Last edited:

Yeah that price is insane. Glad I bought mine a bit earlier.

$14.50 at Nootka a few weeks ago. I think they were 6”. I thought that was outrageous. Guess not. I think more and more people are gonna go to metal and plastic in the future. Memba herring strip? That’s all I every used before chovies showed up 25 years ago. Guess I can change again.

Inflation rates are crazy right now. One of my buddies was telling me that they were in the fishing Dept. of a large store and a 15 lb downrigger ball was $99.00. May need a safe deposit box for the chovies and lead and a Safe on the boat.

Last edited:
Back