Anbody fished Sooke?

Fin's, have you been off of seperation as of yet? I was thinking it may be worthy of a shot for me this weekend after these rains. Vinny may even appear for a clinic!!! LOL, The prawning has been awsome.

Got a couple of hatch 7 & 10 and a couple of springs 15&18. Both springs and one hatch between Bechey head and Aldridge, other hatch off Bedfords. We went out late...got on the water at 1:30pm and by 4:30 pm the bite was done. Fished anywhere between 50 and 110 on chartreause teasers, glow green scale and the new purple/gold/chrome worked as well...7 to 8 ft leaders w/gold betsy, green/gold, and chatreuse/gold flashers.

Remember, "When the Fish aren't Biting...the Fish aren't Biting!!"

Got a couple of hatch 7 & 10 and a couple of springs 15&18. Both springs and one hatch between Bechey head and Aldridge, other hatch off Bedfords. We went out late...got on the water at 1:30pm and by 4:30 pm the bite was done. Fished anywhere between 50 and 110 on chartreause teasers, glow green scale and the new purple/gold/chrome worked as well...7 to 8 ft leaders w/gold betsy, green/gold, and chatreuse/gold flashers.

Hey Maddog Separation is closed to retention, it is all catch and release from Cherry Point across to the boundary marker at Sep point to Musgrave point on Saltspring down to Burial island across to the Power lines. For more info look up dfo web site area 18. Vinny was talking to dfo over the winter and they were talking about a closure do to low return last year on the Cowie.

Tournament Proven !

Hey Maddog Separation is closed to retention, it is all catch and release from Cherry Point across to the boundary marker at Sep point to Musgrave point on Saltspring down to Burial island across to the Power lines. For more info look up dfo web site area 18. Vinny was talking to dfo over the winter and they were talking about a closure do to low return last year on the Cowie.

Tournament Proven !

Maddog maddog sooke was great today 4 nice springs in a 5 hour charter lots of coho showing up also (wild)had one today i bet would have gone 15 lbs im now off to renny again for a couple of days hear nitnat bar is stupid with fish see you in a couple of days
Good luck Wolf

Maddog maddog sooke was great today 4 nice springs in a 5 hour charter lots of coho showing up also (wild)had one today i bet would have gone 15 lbs im now off to renny again for a couple of days hear nitnat bar is stupid with fish see you in a couple of days
Good luck Wolf

Anyone going out this weekend @ Sooke?

I heard the last couple of days were pretty quiet ...I'll try tomorrow, and Sunday (Saturday is a maybe right now).

Guy at Outfitters was saying he caught a 33 & 37 on different days this week right in front of the breakwater, but each day it was the only fish he caught all day.

Anyone going out this weekend @ Sooke?

I heard the last couple of days were pretty quiet ...I'll try tomorrow, and Sunday (Saturday is a maybe right now).

Guy at Outfitters was saying he caught a 33 & 37 on different days this week right in front of the breakwater, but each day it was the only fish he caught all day.

I'll be out on Sunday and keep you posted. Anybody trying the outer tidelines for coho? Is it still mostly wild, or are some hatchery being caught?
Tom

I'll be out on Sunday and keep you posted. Anybody trying the outer tidelines for coho? Is it still mostly wild, or are some hatchery being caught?
Tom

Was at Beechy Head this morning (Friday) and while fishing was great (conditions-wise and less than 100 boats) the catching was less than spectacular.

We managed a 14lb spring on a small Rhys chovy at only 35ft. We did stay within 300m of the rocks though. Seemed to be a more concentrated bite around 11am.

Far too many small coho 9-12" were around, it seemed that each time we checked our gear there was a little fish wriggling on a hook. Rarely felt them on the gear. Fortunately all were released "unharmed" at least not immediately dead anyway.

How do you keep these guys off your gear? Deeper? Bigger bait?
(I've still got some 9" herring I could use)

Cheers,
Alex

... "high water" is when you can fish from your car.

Back