Aluminum Peetz reel question

DCHARLES

I’m a newbie here, so apologies if this has been covered before.

I am seeking information on a Peetz 6” reel in Aluminum, not stainless. I’ve never seen one before. I cannot find any information on them and the Peetz site is down. I found one in un-fished condition, with gold anodizing, much like an Islander, and curious of opinions on how they fish. If the reviews are good, I’ll grab it. If not, I’ll fish what I have already!

Thanks in advance!

I’m a newbie here, so apologies if this has been covered before.

I am seeking information on a Peetz 6” reel in Aluminum, not stainless. I’ve never seen one before. I cannot find any information on them and the Peetz site is down. I found one in un-fished condition, with gold anodizing, much like an Islander, and curious of opinions on how they fish. If the reviews are good, I’ll grab it. If not, I’ll fish what I have already!

Thanks in advance!
Got any photos of this thing? I've never heard of gold anodized Peetz reels

Like this one ?
No, this one is totally different in design and color, as well as being aluminum
There was one with Brass plating that corroded quickly and was discontinued-lots of info here

yep, I get the idiot of the day award!
This is a new old stock solid brass version with a brushed finish, which I confused with gold anodized and brushed aluminum.
I get the dunce award!

Waiting to see the pic. Have Peetz reels in wood and the one pictured by Scott C. Would love to see an 'islander' Peetz reel!

Waiting to see the pic. Have Peetz reels in wood and the one pictured by Scott C. Would love to see an 'islander' Peetz reel!
I totally screwed up. I went to see it yesterday and it isn’t aluminum, it is one of the short lived, 1st pattern solid brass reels, with a brushed finish, which had me thinking it was brushed aluminum with gold anodizing. I had never seen the brass one in person, so I got all excited and totally misread what it was!

I totally screwed up. I went to see it yesterday and it isn’t aluminum, it is one of the short lived, 1st pattern solid brass reels, with a brushed finish, which had me thinking it was brushed aluminum with gold anodizing. I had never seen the brass one in person, so I got all excited and totally misread what it was!
BUY IT

They were made in solid brass construction with polished finish, very well made but came with heavy maintenance issues from saltwater corrosion.
The second step to try and fix the issue was also solid brass construction, but electro plated nickel finish. This solution failed monstrously creating even heavier and faster corrosion issues due to saltwater environment and dis-similar metals. The final version was a successful move into stainless.
No aluminum reels were ever made, however an aluminum version of the famous PEETZ alarm clock does exist in limited numbers and is extremely rare.

They were made in solid brass construction with polished finish, very well made but came with heavy maintenance issues from saltwater corrosion.
The second step to try and fix the issue was also solid brass construction, but electro plated nickel finish. This solution failed monstrously creating even heavier and faster corrosion issues due to saltwater environment and dis-similar metals. The final version was a successful move into stainless.
No aluminum reels were ever made, however an aluminum version of the famous PEETZ alarm clock does exist in limited numbers and is extremely rare.
This one?

Attachments

• 20231215_171247.jpg
    20231215_171247.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 32
Back