All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a good article that shows the real life efficiency numbers from Vaccinations in Alberta. Great to see the protection given from the MRNA vaccine.

Its great data. Look at the charts that show the drop in cases as vaccines go up. Currently we are seeing new cases in localized areas in the province. In Calgary it is in the NE. Low vaccine numbers & multi generational house holds. To tackle this, a number of pop up vaccination centers opened up starting today.

The provinces have been doing a solid job of delivering shots now that there is a reliably plentiful supply. The mostly centralized system run by the BC health regions has been very efficient, plus the AZ popup clinics filling in gaps in places where it makes sense to go that route; ie, small isolated communities and high infection rate neighborhoods.

Standard practice to scoff at the notion that government can do anything well, but here's a good example. Now that the Americans and the EU have most of the supply they wanted, the next of the rest of us get our crack, and the health authorities are doing a professional job.

So, those of us that had AZ for their first doses now have a decision to make about what our second dose will be.

AZ for second shot will likely occur sooner than waiting for a mRNA vaccine.

Studies say that having a mRNA vaccine as a second dose may provide better protection, however one may have to wait longer to get it.

No real guidance from Bonnie. NACI says it is fine and Tam recommends it.

Is anyone else struggling with their decision?

In-laws. Parents and uncle all got AZ for first dose and talking to them non of them plan to get it for their second.

In-laws. Parents and uncle all got AZ for first dose and talking to them non of them plan to get it for their second.
So, those of us that had AZ for their first doses now have a decision to make about what our second dose will be.

Studies say that having a mRNA vaccine as a second dose may provide better protection, however one may have to wait longer to get it.

I am going to stick with AZ for second shot and then I’m done ( until we probably have to take some booster for some future variant...). What I am wondering is down the road when there are inevitably some boosters, which will it be, a mRNA or AZ. I did also struggle with the decision, but Breaking Even summed it up well- first world problem. I figure that even if the AZ has somewhat less efficacy, it will provide enough protection from getting super ill.

Studies? How can there possibly be studies? Serious question. Most of the vaccines have been around for less than a year...so how can there possibly be studies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back