All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The propaganda machine has been steadily ticking the last few weeks ensuring everybody that the AZ vaccine is perfectly safe, and today we take a hard turn and decide now is the time to question it? This flip flop is infuriating.

One week they are easing restricting and allowing larger gatherings outside. Sure, go see grandma in the old folks home.
The next week they are enforcing strict guidelines to a specific industry which again will have crippling effects. (Restaurants)No evidence that restaurants are causing high amounts of spread. But bring the whole family to wal mart and stop at the mall after.

The premier is blaming the youth for the spread but he was all set to fly his family in for Xmas dinner last year. What a hypocrite!

the vaccine situation is unbelievable. Certain age groups can’t take a vaccine as it’s potentially dangerous, but it’s good enough for others. A vaccine that most countries won’t even touch if it’s given to them for free.
And the 16 week delay on second vaccine of Pfizer is anyone’s guess as to how that’s gonna go.

I love my country, but this is the biggest failure by government in my lifetime... maybe ever??
They are a failure in many more things than just this but this is just highlighting their incompetence. But hey,, handing out our money left and right so keeping the idiot vote count up there.

Sadly COVID has hit my household, wife likely contracted it by spending a day in the office doing paper work (she’s a electrician), as office staff tested positive a couple days before my wife. Likely lax mask use indoors. Now I’m on isolation myself for 2 weeks, luckily I’ve had 1 dose of Pfizer.
Be safe out there, symptoms were headache, sore throat, muscle aches.
How is your wife making out if you don’t mind us knowing. Is it serious, is she doing well. Would really like to know. To be honest your the first person that I know of that could give us some first hand experience with this.

Dear World; Your greatest weapon in 2021 is critical thinking.

How is your wife making out if you don’t mind us knowing. Is it serious, is she doing well. Would really like to know. To be honest your the first person that I know of that could give us some first hand experience with this.
Hey no problem, wife had 4-5 days of headache, body aches, sore throat. Lost her sense of smell 2 days ago, but I would say she is on the mend. No respiratory issues, other then some congestion. Lots of fluids. I still have no symptoms and am feeling fine. I wear a mask when we’re in the same space 6 ft apart. And we have seperate bedrooms and bathrooms. We are required to do a daily health assessment online and if we don’t do it by 11am will be contacted. Family and friends have pitched in dropping off an extra tv and groceries. I’m doing yard work and playing rpg games on the SNES classic. I’ve done a ton of overtime this year at the hospital so the forced break has been nice. The boat will get some love in the next couple days.

I listened to a so called expert on CBC radio yesterday. The closing of the restaurants was explained as follows.

The under 40 age group make up a large majority of the workers in the restaurant business.

Many of these workers work at more than one place of business.

The Brazilian variant spreads much more easily than the others.

That age group makes up the majority of the latest upswing in numbers.

It would appear that the restaurants do a very good job at preventing transmission. It was suggested that that particular age group does not do a very good job of preventing transmission away from the job site.

Closing gyms and Whistler Blackcomb appears to also target that age group.

This was the take I got from the speaker yesterday.

They also clarified the gym restrictions. Gyms are still open for individual workouts and 1:1 with a trainer. It’s the group programs that have been closed.
closing of restaurants for dine-in is just unfortunate but I can see how smaller places have been struggling to follow the rules. I saw a bunch of high school kids sitting inside a small sushi restaurant the other day and this is a tiny small shop that can barely have 2 tables open under the social distancing rule. Those teenagers were definitely not from the same “bubble” and who knows what they do and who they interact with outside the school.
Real problem is that people are tired and they’re trying to find any opportunity to live a normal life. This is going to be a more challenging spring and maybe summer than what we had last year unless they ramp up the vaccines to larger population groups.

After that devastating auditor general's report, why does Tam still have a job?​

The unwritten conclusion of that scathing auditor general's report into how the Public Health Agency botched early pandemic detection is obvious: Replace Dr. Theresa Tam.

I haven't been through that report yet but if we want to have some real talk on the subject, there isn't a shadow of a doubt in my mind that there was a purely political motive for downplaying a threat from China, and if there wasn't some level of pressure from the PMO to slow-roll information suggesting a Chinese virus could be a huge problem, I'll eat my hat. Whether that will ever turn up in an official inquiry, I have no idea. But I would bet my boat that it's true.

We're not the only country that's scared to tangle with communist China but I think the confluence of the following: fear of even a second-rate superpower; Chinese infiltration of and financial influence over our own institutions; and progressive ideologies that excuse basically anything done by non-western nations, created a perfect storm and we got ourselves into a bad spot.

Well, some people got us into a bad spot, I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions about which simpering trust fund fool and band of clueless sycophants I'm thinking of.

Got first shot of Astra Zeneca last Saturday at work. Out of all of us that had it probably 75% got sick within 48 hours. Only lasted for around 24 hours. High fever sweating and chills mainly. Don’t know how I feel about what’s going on in the news with it. Kinda pissed off but not at the same time!

ExwxpS_VIAQ2wmU

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0061-000595

Last edited:
Got first shot of Astra Zeneca last Saturday at work. Out of all of us that had it probably 75% got sick within 48 hours. Only lasted for around 24 hours. High fever sweating and chills mainly. Don’t know how I feel about what’s going on in the news with it. Kinda pissed off but not at the same time!
My belief is that the clotting issue will turn out to be so rare that they can't even really correlate it with the vaccine well. I would take it without worrying. I would rest easy if I were you!

In Victoria?.

Nah I work away from home and they gave us the option to get vaccine as I’m up in the northern health region
Reason I asked is, a buddy I know, the company he works for in Victoria had same experience, majority of the crew went down with exactly what you experienced from same vaccine

Haha I told a friend they can now get AZ, their response “ what are they trying to do kill us all off”

for the record I support getting AZ and imo the government has now destroyed public opinion on it.

Haha I told a friend they can now get AZ, their response “ what are they trying to do kill us all off”

for the record I support getting AZ and imo the government has now destroyed public opinion on it.

I think the Europeans have a lot to blame for this as well. Once they had it out in the news and facebook gets a hold of it...... I am with some of the other posters above, the stats currently don't appear to be that blood clotting is that much of an issue. No more than any other vaccine from what I have read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back