All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is kind of interesting and makes quite a bit of sense if you think about it: teachers with covid are bigger drivers of spread than students.

The reason this isn't surprising is that most of the obvious symptoms of illness are either your body trying to stop the virus, or the virus doing what it wants to do: spread.

If your nose is running and you're coughing and sneezing... that's the virus, successfully irritating your mucous membranes etc and making you spray viruses around.

Kids are much more likely to have minimal symptoms with this disease, so odds are pretty good that if you have a room full of healthy teenagers and one of them is covid positive...he still might be not particularly contagious.

Adults react worse for whatever reason...so more symptoms, so more contagious.

Anyway just an interesting article with an idea that I bet some people will find counterintuitive. But it makes sense, if you think about it.

My 72 year old mom just got her second round. Canadian citizen living part time in Arizona.
I cant believe our modern country bumbled this.
Nice! my parents are there now too, selling their place and they both just got their first shot last week. Next one booked for 2 weeks, then they drive back here. I guess Trudeau needs to get us a few less doses here now.

Last edited:
My 72 year old mom just got her second round. Canadian citizen living part time in Arizona.
I cant believe our modern country bumbled this.
Geez that Biden is a miracle worker. According to him there wasn’t even a vaccine before he came on the scene he’s done all this in what 1 month. Just amazing that man is.

Geez that Biden is a miracle worker. According to him there wasn’t even a vaccine before he came on the scene he’s done all this in what 1 month. Just amazing that man is.
My guess, in a few months he will single handily beat Covid. At least that's what the media will have the fools believe. Cant understand why BC is so slow and behind other Provinces with definitive announced vaccine roll out plan.

HM

Finally a good thing comes from Covid :

Coastal waters of British Columbia will be spared up to 31 billion litres of wastewater being dumped by cruise ships this year with the recent extension of a 2020 federal government ban on cruises.

Oh look...1 page later and we are back in the thick of turning this thread into a political conversation again. It's like Ground Hog Day! Cue the Miller Lite ad again. LESS FILLING...TASTES GREAT!

Bring on fishing season!

In all fairness, as much as we all love fishing and hate covid... politics play a bigger part in both than what ANY of us want. No matter what side of the isle you sit on. Delving into politics when talking about either is inevitable and as long as personal attacks aren’t used it is actually positive. I will love going fishing when covid is over, but neither of those things are for certain. Both rely on politics unfortunately.
Ive actually seen some opinions shift on this forum which is more than I can say on most other social media platforms. Whatever is being done here is working better then the sounding boards that are the mainstream social media outlets. Thank you admins for working to keep things respectful and allowing for some much needed civil discourse and occasional healthy ranting.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it rarely does stay civil and the resulting "digging in" on whatever side people line up on is inevitable. We have always said that information on actual events relating to Covid are fine, including governments actions, but posting about how stupid one side or the other is or how they are performing in other areas is not welcome. We have had to clean this thread up far too many times and when it tends to be the same people doing it time and again, it gets tiresome. We are first and foremost a community based on fishing related topics with the odd other enjoyable activity thrown in for fun. The majority of our members come here to escape the everyday realities they have to deal with. We recognize that Covid is the major reality we all have to deal with on a daily basis right now and have allowed this thread to be part of the forum, but we also stated early on it would be primarily an informational piece, leaving the political partisanship out of the conversation. I get that walking that line can be difficult but it is necessary.

Time to reconsider a "gloves off" subforum for political discussion? I've seen it done on other forums. Allows moderators to keep a 'no **** taken' approach in the regular threads but at the same time gives the politically passionate types somewhere to blow off steam.

We are heading off topic now, but the "gloves off" idea isn't one we will consider, as it still needs plenty of moderation, because legal lines regarding public content will be crossed. There are plenty of places to find that kind of debate if members want to go there...you can start with Twitter!

Time to reconsider a "gloves off" subforum for political discussion? I've seen it done on other forums. Allows moderators to keep a 'no **** taken' approach in the regular threads but at the same time gives the politically passionate types somewhere to blow off steam.
If you want gloves off, just go on Twitter, lol

With the latest data showing that patients that have had both doses are not only 95% protected from getting symptoms, but 85-90% protected from even being infected, there is no reason the Border should not be open this summer for fully vaccinated people. The data is clear, the risk of fully vaccinated people spreading Covid-19 is minimal. The US is scheduled to get 240 million doses of vaccine from the 3 manufacturers in March alone, so it will be awash in vaccines, the rate limiting step will be facilities to inject them. Most Americans will be vaccinated by the tourist season. Is Trudeau going to decimate the Tourism industry again to cover for his government's incompetence in securing vaccines?

We are heading off topic now, but the "gloves off" idea isn't one we will consider, as it still needs plenty of moderation, because legal lines regarding public content will be crossed. There are plenty of places to find that kind of debate if members want to go there...you can start with Twitter!
Fair enough, that works too. I avoid those political thread octagon pits on the other forums anyway, lol.

Fully vaccinated people can gather individually with minimal risk, Fauci says​

From CNN's Christpher Rios

Two fully vaccinated people can gather individually with minimal risk, Dr. Anthony Fauci told CNN’s Chris Cuomo Thursday.
"You can start getting together as individual people, even though the risk is not zero, the risk becomes extremely low when you have both parties vaccinated," said Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease.
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has not released guidelines about gathering with other vaccinated people.
“My professional judgement is that when my daughter wants to come in here and she is doubly vaccinated, I’m going to have her over to the house, and I’m going to give her a big hug that I haven’t been able to do for a year,” Fauci said.
The US has administered 68,274,117 vaccine doses, according to data from John Hopkins University.
It has recorded over 28 million cases and 508,307 deaths, the highest country total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back