All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI if you see a bunch of new crap on your T4 and are wondering what it is.

For the tax year 2020, in addition to reporting employment income in Box 14 or Code 71, Employers will use new "other information codes" when reporting employment income and retroactive payments in the following periods (this is in relation to earnings periods for which an individual may have received a COVID related government subsidy):

Code 57: Employment income – March 15 to May 9
Code 58: Employment income – May 10 to July 4
Code 59: Employment income – July 5 to August 29
Code 60: Employment income – August 30 to September 26
Eligibility criteria for the CERB, CEWS, and CESB is based on employment income for a defined period. The new requirement means that all employers should report income and any retroactive payments, including cash and non-cash taxable benefits, made during these periods, regardless of whether or not they applied for and received CEWS.

Watched new neighbours move in and on the 14th about 15 family and friends showed up with their flowers, no masks, no social distancing. You would think people would get it by now but who am I kidding. Unfortunately that's the consequenc

Got new neighbors across the street for two weeks straight they have had friends and family over. Both sets of parents have been their daily, painting, moving furniture, doing baseboards ect...

Could it be that people are deciding for themselves based on their own risk profile? The risk of dying from Covid if you're under 65 with no comorbities is roughly the same risk of dying if you drive a car 13 km a day. Should we ban driving to be safe?

I saw my neigbor driving to work the other day! Can you believe this guy? He could of killed someone! Imagine if his kids were in the car with him? He's risking his own KIDS lives! What a selfish asshole - does he not know the consequences of his actions? Cyclists were on the road too! Could've killed someone for gods sake.

When people start snitching on their neigbors (or even considering it) you have to ask yourself how we became such a pathetic country.

Informants​

In **** Germany, some citizens passed on information about their neighbours, family, and friends to the Gestapo. This was called informing. **** propaganda presented the Gestapo as an omnipresent all-seeing, all-knowing group, but in reality there was just one secret police officer for approximately every 10,000 citizens of **** Germany. The Gestapo were therefore reliant on a network of thousands of informants.
The information passed on by informants typically accused someone of breaking the law or of being a criminal in some way. The information provided was not always based on fact and could often be rumour or suspicion.

Just FYI if you see a bunch of new crap on your T4 and are wondering what it is.

For the tax year 2020, in addition to reporting employment income in Box 14 or Code 71, Employers will use new "other information codes" when reporting employment income and retroactive payments in the following periods (this is in relation to earnings periods for which an individual may have received a COVID related government subsidy):

Code 57: Employment income – March 15 to May 9
Code 58: Employment income – May 10 to July 4
Code 59: Employment income – July 5 to August 29
Code 60: Employment income – August 30 to September 26
Eligibility criteria for the CERB, CEWS, and CESB is based on employment income for a defined period. The new requirement means that all employers should report income and any retroactive payments, including cash and non-cash taxable benefits, made during these periods, regardless of whether or not they applied for and received CEWS.

This drove me nuts. Stupid freaking government.
We did all our T4's for our employees, then got an email from MNP saying that there are these other codes.
So we have a look and the above noted periods do not match up with any pay period, so another couple of days for the book keeper to go over employees' time cards to put in the covid subsidy.
That will learn me for being proactive and getting my **** done early.

Bad enough that the government uses my employee capacity as a tax collector, you would think they could get this information out earlier.

Minister Dix says people aged 80+ in the community will begin receiving vaccines in March
March 1-15 for those who have home care support
March 16-31 for those not linked to healthcare

Last edited:

Guess we can’t go boat shopping down south for at least a few more weeks.

Pfizer / Moderna Vaccines
Q1 = 6 million
Q2 = 23 million
Q3 = 55 million
Total = 84 million

Last edited:
So this means everyone will be vaccinated by the end of the summer?! Not just Horgan gets to have a big Christmas dinner this year?!

Last edited:
Friday Feb. 19, 2021

The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for COVID-19 can be kept at temperatures between –25 C and –15 C, the manufacturers now say, allowing it to be stored in pharmacy freezers (2 weeks) rather than in ultra-cold (6 months) storage facilities.

I got the sense a few people felt I was being unfairly critical of Canada's vaccination campaign and the graphs I was posting showing us in 50th place etc were overly negative.

So here you go, here's a nice cheerful one in which we're at the top. This is a graph showing us, and all the countries worse than us that actually have data, or a vaccination program at all. We are beating 38 entire countries! Suck it Albania! Get a first world medical system, you losers!

55.JPG

I'd like to hope for that but i don't think any sort of "normalcy" will be coming this year. Hope im wrong tho.
I will second that opinion.
Lucky if we get back to anything close to normal by the summer of 2022 is my guess.
Happy if I am wrong and hoping not to get Covid between now and then.

Canada to receive over 640,000 vaccine doses from Pfizer, Moderna this week​

By Staff The Canadian Press
Posted February 22, 2021

Canada is poised to receive a record number of COVID-19 vaccine doses this week thanks to scheduled deliveries from Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna, as the country looks to speed up its vaccination efforts.

The Public Health Agency of Canada says it expects more than 640,000 shots from the pharmaceutical giants this week, which would represent the largest number of deliveries in a single week.

The previous record was set last week when Pfizer and BioNTech delivered more than 400,000 doses of their vaccine following a month-long lull while they expanded a production plant in Europe.

The two companies will ship more than 475,000 shots this week before scaling back slightly to 445,000 doses per week as they look to fulfil their commitment to deliver 4 million jabs by the end of March.

Canada will also receive 168,000 shots this week from Moderna, which ships its doses every three weeks. Unlike the Pfizer-BioNTech shots, Moderna’s are largely destined for northern and remote communities.

The expected influx of vaccine shots follows news on Friday that the millionth Canadian had received a first dose of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine.

While the marker came weeks later than expected after nearly a month of shrunken shipments, it was nonetheless seen as one of several positive signs in Canada’s immunization drive.

Several provinces have moved to expand their vaccination offerings beyond the first priority groups in long-term care homes and front-line health workers thanks to the vaccine influx over the past two weeks.

More:
https://globalnews.ca/news/7654450/canada-vaccine-delivery-pfizer-moderna/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back