All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is VERY surprising to me. As an MD, who knows literally hundreds of other MDs, I don't know a single MD who didn't get vaccinated. In our organization of 350+ surgeons, we were 100% vaccinated.

Yeah I am not buying it either. The media is trying to paint like sky is falling. Health care will continue as it always does.

Yeah I am not buying it either. The media is trying to paint like sky is falling. Health care will continue as it always does.
Spent 7 hours in the ER with a sick 3 year old yesterday. We’ve lost 4 doctors and a lot of nurses in a town of 20k people to the vaccine mandates . It was great listening to all the drug addicts screaming for more drugs at 6pm while we were completely ignored. Private healthcare can’t come fast enough in my opinion.

Spent 7 hours in the ER with a sick 3 year old yesterday. We’ve lost 4 doctors and a lot of nurses in a town of 20k people to the vaccine mandates . It was great listening to all the drug addicts screaming for more drugs at 6pm while we were completely ignored. Private healthcare can’t come fast enough in my opinion.
The opioid crisis is a real deal problem that needs to be worked on. It has been flying under the radar during the pandemic. Sadly, most in society just see them as adicts and don't give a ****. As with Covid, the selfish do not care unless it touches them firsthand.

Had a peek at Bitchute, not a credible news source imo
Keep in mind that the video he posted was made a year ago but was recently re posted. It’s not relevant at all because of when it was actually filmed. He might not have known that it was old research

Last edited:
For sure no guarantees but this is not a treatment for the virus; it seems to inhibit the runaway immune response that characterizes the worst covid cases.

It's an interesting story - I remember the first I heard of it was during the early days when covid was wreaking havoc in Italy and France. Observational data from the field was that doctors noticed people on it as an antidepressant seemed to be dying less often. They kept seeing it in care homes: where fluvoxamine was broadly prescribed, it would seem to skip that facility. I remember a bunch of discussion about it with a couple of doctors I know, but they didn't take it very seriously. Not did I, particularly: stuff like that could be anything. But it's interesting that people made the link early on.

Anyway it'll be interesting to see if these results get corroborated; this is not the first study to show this effect but it's probably the best so far.

Ironically the big advocate for fluvoxamine testing in the US, who put up a bunch of his own money to get tests rolling, is Steve Kirsch, who I think is totally out to lunch. But maybe it'll turn out he was right on this one.

Cheap antidepressant shows promise treating early COVID-19​

Oct. 27, 2021

A cheap antidepressant reduced the need for hospitalization among high-risk adults with COVID-19 in a study hunting for existing drugs that could be repurposed to treat coronavirus.

Researchers tested the pill used for depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder because it was known to reduce inflammation and looked promising in smaller studies.

They’ve shared the results with the U.S. National Institutes of Health, which publishes treatment guidelines, and they hope for a World Health Organization recommendation.

“If WHO recommends this, you will see it widely taken up,” said study co-author Dr. Edward Mills of McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, adding that many poor nations have the drug readily available. “We hope it will lead to a lot of lives saved.”

The pill, called fluvoxamine, would cost $4 for a course of COVID-19 treatment. By comparison, antibody IV treatments cost about $2,000 and Merck’s experimental antiviral pill for COVID-19 is about $700 per course. Some experts predict various treatments eventually will be used in combination to fight the coronavirus.

Researchers tested the antidepressant in nearly 1,500 Brazilians recently infected with coronavirus who were at risk of severe illness because of other health problems, such as diabetes. About half took the antidepressant at home for 10 days, the rest got dummy pills. They were tracked for four weeks to see who landed in the hospital or spent extended time in an emergency room when hospitals were full.

In the group that took the drug, 11% needed hospitalization or an extended ER stay, compared to 16% of those on dummy pills.

The results, published Wednesday in the journal Lancet Global Health, were so strong that independent experts monitoring the study recommended stopping it early because the results were clear.

Questions remain about the best dosing, whether lower risk patients might also benefit and whether the pill should be combined with other treatments.

The larger project looked at eight existing drugs to see if they could work against the pandemic virus. The project is still testing a hepatitis drug, but all the others — including metformin, hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin — haven’t panned out.

The cheap generic and Merck’s COVID-19 pill work in different ways and “may be complementary,” said Dr. Paul Sax of Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, who was not involved in the study. Earlier this month, Merck asked regulators in the U.S. and Europe to authorize its antiviral pill.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...essant-shows-promise-treating-early-covid-19/

Cheap antidepressant shows promise treating early COVID-19​

Oct. 27, 2021

A cheap antidepressant reduced the need for hospitalization among high-risk adults with COVID-19 in a study hunting for existing drugs that could be repurposed to treat coronavirus.

The pill, called fluvoxamine, would cost $4 for a course of COVID-19 treatment.
I'll take a couple dozen if you have any to spare.

Keep in mind that the video he posted was made a year ago but was recently re posted. It’s not relevant at all because of when it was actually filmed. He might not have known that it was old research
Right, the video is what it is, deserves no further discussion, as I mentioned and has been said, check sources before posting. Perfect example of the misinformation problem in the world right now.

Right, the video is what it is, deserves no further discussion, as I mentioned and has been said, check sources before posting. Perfect example of the misinformation problem in the world right now.
I have no idea if that doctor is correct or not but do you understand why he can’t post on mainstream social media? Every single social media company is 100% liberal. Anything that goes against the narrative gets instantly deleted and censored from All of them. That is why you see these things on off brand media sites . Then all you liberals turn around and say it isn’t credible because of where it’s posted. Don’t you think he would like to get his message out on a better site? The “fact checkers “ at these liberal sites are nothing but purple haired non gendered millenials who are so woke it’s ridiculous. He may be totally full of **** and wrong but it shouldn’t matter. If the Taliban is allowed to be on social media, so should any North American doctor regardless of opinion.

I have no idea if that doctor is correct or not but do you understand why he can’t post on mainstream social media? Every single social media company is 100% liberal. Anything that goes against the narrative gets instantly deleted and censored from All of them. That is why you see these things on off brand media sites . Then all you liberals turn around and say it isn’t credible because of where it’s posted. Don’t you think he would like to get his message out on a better site? The “fact checkers “ at these liberal sites are nothing but purple haired non gendered millenials who are so woke it’s ridiculous. He may be totally full of **** and wrong but it shouldn’t matter. If the Taliban is allowed to be on social media, so should any North American doctor regardless of opinion.

If your counter argument is just to say that anyone who posts on here that doesn't agree is just liberal or millennial you need to think about that more. I disagree with this fantasy of censoring everything like it is some new world order to hide everything. Sounds paranoid if you ask me.

For the record most who aren't agreeing with your post here are not liberal as you see it. Think we agree to disagree on that one.;)

Last edited:
If your counter argument is just to say that anyone who posts on here that doesn't agree is just liberal or millennial you need to think about that more. I disagree with this fantasy of censoring everything like it is some new world order to hide everything. Sounds paranoid if you ask me.

For the record most who aren't agreeing with your post here are not liberal as you see it. Think we agree to disagree on that one.;)
That’s fair and maybe I shouldn’t assume you are all liberal. I stand by what I said about the censorship and social media though . It’s true and it’s happening everyday to anybody that disagrees with the current narrative. I don’t believe in a new world order, I don’t believe Trump is still president or the world is flat but you can’t say that there isn’t an active social media campaign to silence half of the conversation.

I agree that censoring a differing opinion is wrong, but eliminating misleading and untrue garbage like the earth is flat and Trump is still president is something I hope continues. Truth and science matter, tired of all of this.

That’s fair and maybe I shouldn’t assume you are all liberal. I stand by what I said about the censorship and social media though . It’s true and it’s happening everyday to anybody that disagrees with the current narrative. I don’t believe in a new world order, I don’t believe Trump is still president or the world is flat but you can’t say that there isn’t an active social media campaign to silence half of the conversation.

There is real misinformation being spewed constantly as well. There is a large difference in opinion vs pure facts.

IE it is a fact that the vaccine reduced hospitalization if you contract covid19.

It is a fact that the vast majority of doctors recommend getting vaccinated.

It is the opinion of a small minority of doctors to not vaccinate. Should this opinion be silenced NO. However, opinions against the generally accepted best practice are going to be subject to more scrutiny. That is just life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back