All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is disinformation, the worst kind using tricks in math.
The math only works if each group is the same size when you compare the two, clearly that's not what is being used.
Lets say you had 2 groups, one with 1000 vaxxed and one with 100 un vaxxed
In the 1000 group you had 2 that tested positive and in the 100 group you also had 2 that tested positive.
According to this math "percent of cases vaxxed" it would be 50%
Disinformation from the anti-vaxx crowd.

please ,look again. The detail shows that the vaccinated group is much larger than the unvaccinated group
% of cases vaccinated is very very close to % of population vaccinated for all age groups. So it appears that vaccinated and unvaccinated are getting covid at close to same rate - not one group more than the other. It fails to show severity or hospital admittance rate

please ,look again. The detail shows that the vaccinated group is much larger than the unvaccinated group
% of cases vaccinated is very very close to % of population vaccinated for all age groups. So it appears that vaccinated and unvaccinated are getting covid at close to same rate - not one group more than the other. It fails to show severity or hospital admittance rate
Before we get into what the data set means and drawing conclusions/interpretations, I'd need to validate the source. By no means I'm suggesting that this is false data (yet) but the reference link at the bottom of the table does not take me to where this is sourced from.

Post the source

Sorry CIVANO for jumping hard on you. When I looked at your table it looked wrong. The first thing I did was looked how it was calculated and saw that it was comparing apples and oranges. So I did what you said and looked again and I found this. Same RAW numbers but presented correctly for comparison. There are plenty a caveats that the source gives as to why it needs to be taken with a grain of salt like...
* Still relatively small sample size (total number of cases)
* Many potential confounders such as behavioral and testing differences between groups
* Infection clusters are in towns with >95%+ vax coverage for adults, so not many unvaccinated persons to infect
* Is it Delta
* Other confounders

This is all important because this could mean that a third shot is needed for people that went through the vaxx rollout in Israel. I could be that only people with high risk need it but we can not tell with just such a small sample. Does the vax only work for 6 months for these folks? Lot's of questions that the pros will figure out.
E6QmpsDWUAoN1Jn

Thanks for putting this together, GLG. This is now telling a story that looks more factual IMO.
If this becomes more of a universally proven pattern across the developed countries where vaccination rates are fairly high, how would it impact the buy-in for the 3rd dose? I'm not saying that a 3rd dose is NOT required, but that'd be a tough sell for many folks, specially the younger bunch.

The other thing to remember is that there was always a pretty major risk in deploying a very narrowly focused vaccine, mid-pandemic.

The amount of selective pressure on the virus to evolve away from that specific feature becomes enormous, and the number of working copies out there to mutate is almost beyond reckoning. The odds that variants that resist the vaccines would spring up were always pretty high. Will another shot of the same thing help? Depends why it's not working.

Remember from the start experts warned that this is an RNA virus like the flu. The point of the vaccine was turn turn this from an unrecognized noval virus one that your immune system would struggle against into one that your immune system would recognize and not freak out while it tried to kill the virus,

vaccine has beyond exceeded at that

Remember from the start experts warned that this is an RNA virus like the flu. The point of the vaccine was turn turn this from an unrecognized noval virus one that your immune system would struggle against into one that your immune system would recognize and not freak out while it tried to kill the virus,

vaccine has beyond exceeded at that
Makes sense, let’s hope so.

Thanks for putting this together, GLG. This is now telling a story that looks more factual IMO.
If this becomes more of a universally proven pattern across the developed countries where vaccination rates are fairly high, how would it impact the buy-in for the 3rd dose? I'm not saying that a 3rd dose is NOT required, but that'd be a tough sell for many folks, specially the younger bunch.
I'll wait and see what the professionals have to say in regards to the 3rd dose. If I was to speculate, I could see that we will need a booster each fall for anyone that is of an age over 60 something. That would be for your average senior person. If you were high risk that might include you too. We may have to keep doing that for years or we may pin down exactly how to eradicate this virus. I know that Moderna is researching a multivariant mRNA vaccine that could include Flu and Covid all in one dose. For younger ones, after your first set of vaxxs you might be good to go with just a slight cold like symptom here on out when it circulates each season. Pure speculation on my part as I'm not qualified to give advice.

I would have no problem getting a booster but I can see that if the anti-vaxx crowd gets their way it's going to be a rough ride ahead. You just need to look at the states to see the damage they are doing right now.

E6c5YF3WQAQCtLF

Last edited:
inventory 20 days? We have to be getting pretty close then having more
Inventory then demand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back