All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking at vaccine passports now. Wonder how that would work
Much like it used to but with an authenticated QR code attached-the certificate is scanned and shows the holder has been vaccinated so they're allowed on the plane/bus whatever; those who haven't been vaccinated can sit and cry little tears of blood. :eek:

As of today, 82.8% of doses delivered to the provinces have been administered.

Someone told me that towns that have a population of under 4k people will be getting priority but i have not seen such info online.

The following article explains how we got to where we are. Not every detail involved with this is included, but many are:

The complacent country: How Canadian public health allowed itself to be steamrolled by COVID-19​

"COVID-19 had already killed 3,000 people in 60 countries when Canadian officialdom was universally chiding people not to 'overreact'"

More good news:

March 8, 2021

Anne Kang, Minister of Advanced Education and Skills Training, has issued the following statement regarding post-secondary education in fall 2021:

“Today, Dr. Bonnie Henry, provincial health officer, advised the presidents of all public colleges and universities to prepare for a full return to on-campus education this September.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021AEST0015-000406

From the Capital Daily (Vancouver Island News)
https://www.capitaldaily.ca/news/covid-19-vaccination-tracker

Vaccination Update March 8:

This week is a momentous one in BC as public health authorities launched their province-wide immunization campaign for the first cohort of the general public on Monday, March 8—exactly one year after BC recorded its first COVID-19 related death.

Seniors 90 and over and Indigenous people over 65 living in the community can now call a phone line—each health authority has a different one—to book their shots between 7am and 7pm on weekdays.

In the Island Health region, residents who are eligible can call 1-833-348-4787 to book their shots, with the first immunizations scheduled for March 15. During this phase of the rollout, the health authority has set up immunization clinics at five sites in Greater Victoria:

• Archie Browning Sports Centre in Esquimalt
• UVic Mckinnon Gym in Saanich
• Mary Winspear Centre in Sidney
• SEAPARC Leisure Complex in Sooke
• Eagle Ridge Arena in Langford.

Provincial health authorities say the response has already been overwhelming, with more than 1.4 million calls calls being logged across the province within the first 90 minutes. They are now urging patience and, to control the volume of calls, asking that only one caller per eligible vaccine recipient dial the line, and to not call if you are not eligible to receive the vaccine.

“Our call takers have been privy to some very emotional calls," said a spokesperson for Island Health. “One anecdote was shared by a call taker who spoke with an elderly gentleman who broke down in tears because himself and his wife were eligible and it was coming to reality. The reaction across the Province today I think points to the anticipation and excitement around this immunization program.”

The health authority has just 100 spots in its call cue for this phase of the vaccine rollout—with thousands of eligible callers eager for their appointment.

“Our call centre has been inundated just like all other health authorities so far today,” the spokesperson said.

Once March 15 comes around, each vaccine administrator is expected to provide 12 shots per hour on average. For the recipients, Island Health expects the entire process of getting immunized will take around 30 minutes in total: 15 minutes to sign in, wait, and receive the dose, and another 15 minutes to be monitored for any side effects or allergic reactions.

Mass vaccination sites will have around 15 to 20 stations with staff on hand, medium-sized clinics—including the ones in Sooke and Sidney—will have 10 to 15 stations; and the smallest clinics including the ones in Ladysmith, Comox Valley, Tofino, Port Alice, Port Hardy, and Port MacNeil will have less than 10 stations.

The expectation is that 40,000 people in the Island Health region will receive at least one dose of the vaccine between March 15 and April 12.

Seriously people? really?

" "In less than three hours after they opened, 1.7 million calls came in.""

I suspect it's because people had to call dozens or up to 100 times just to get through, if at all. Once again the bureaucratic incompetence in this country continues to rear its ugly head.

In 2021 they can't figure out a website. I'm sure most older folks have younger family to help with the Interweb if required, and save the phone line for the limited folks who don't.

POLITICO: In 2018, Diplomats Warned of Risky Coronavirus Experiments in a Wuhan Lab. No One Listened..
Despite a lot of official denials, I'm going to be shocked if this doesn't turn out to be a lab leak from that facility. My assumption is this was a gain-of-function trial that accidentally got loose. I'd bet pretty much any money on it, although it may be years before we know, since the responsibility wouldn't just lie with China, it would be a pretty harsh indictment of the entire research program, which is exactly why the WHO et al circled the wagons so aggressively on it.

Nobody knows for sure...yet. But the odds that a facility with a history of safety violations and screw ups, studying this exact stuff, exactly where it first turned up, as a virus that had already learned to jump from human to human in a way you really rarely see with natural zoonoses...uh, yeah, probably coincidence.

I suspect it's because people had to call dozens or up to 100 times just to get through, if at all. Once again the bureaucratic incompetence in this country continues to rear its ugly head.

In 2021 they can't figure out a website. I'm sure most older folks have younger family to help with the Interweb if required, and save the phone line for the limited folks who don't.
Why on earth would Fraser Health be the only authority to utilize both call in and web based registration?
BC has had I don't know 6-8 months since a vaccine has been approved by Health Canada and you would expect a web based pre-registration would have been part of their contingency plan.
It's pretty clear the round table spent more time talking rather than doing.
Every family household member or relative of an elder was on the phone this morning driving up the numbers.

Why on earth would Fraser Health be the only authority to utilize both call in and web based registration?
BC has had I don't know 6-8 months since a vaccine has been approved by Health Canada and you would expect a web based pre-registration would have been part of their contingency plan.
It's pretty clear the round table spent more time talking rather than doing.
Every family household member or relative of an elder was on the phone this morning driving up the numbers.
Vaccines have been approved for 6-8 months?!??

As of today, 82.8% of doses delivered to the provinces have been administered.
Here's the JOKE of it all....in all of Canada we have

2,473,868 doses administered...of that only just over 500K are fully vaccinated​

4.994%​

of the Canadian population has received at least one dose

Compare that to Washington State who just surpassed 2 million people being vaccinated, and just over 10% of the entire US population has been fully vaccinated (both shots); over 20% have been vaccinated (combination of single and second booster shot)

EPIC fail Trudope

Here's the JOKE of it all....in all of Canada we have

2,473,868 doses administered...of that only just over 500K are fully vaccinated​

4.994%​

of the Canadian population has received at least one dose

Compare that to Washington State who just surpassed 2 million people being vaccinated, and just over 10% of the entire US population has been fully vaccinated (both shots); over 20% have been vaccinated (combination of single and second booster shot)

EPIC fail Trudope
What would you have done or what would you suggest to fix it?

What would you have done or what would you suggest to fix it?
Probably better to ask the 44 countries with higher rates of vaccination than Canada what THEY did differently! Maybe Romania, Slovenia, Lithuania, Turkey or Chile, all with rates ranging from 2x to 4x Canada's vaccination rate could shed some light on it. Of course they aren't saddled with Trudeau, so are ahead of the game right there!

Probably better to ask the 44 countries with higher rates of vaccination than Canada what THEY did differently! Maybe Romania, Slovenia, Lithuania, Turkey or Chile, all with rates ranging from 2x to 4x Canada's vaccination rate could shed some light on it. Of course they aren't saddled with Trudeau, so are ahead of the game right there!
So in other words nothing concrete except ask around, brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back