Alberni trip-good time still hit and miss

Charter Tofino

Quick report. Most fish caught on green/white coyote at 70-80feet(alot deeper than the rest of the fleet was fishing) the rest on anchovies and pink hootchies.
Thursday night-Three lost
Friday morning -eight lost[B)] Evening-20lber
saturday morning- 20lber one lost evening-Zip
sunday morning- 30,27,25,20,20,20,7lb coho Released two 20s
Monday morning-One lost

Ok heres the full report with pics. Got there thursday night fished 3 hours that evening hooked 3 lost all including one over 30 that was in the net and somehow got out. Man im used to these 10-20lb springs on ECVI that you can net np.These fish are danm spunky at the net.This was a sign of things to come as the next day we lost 8 yes all 8 fish we hooked including 5 at the net most 15-25lbs. Dont know how we lost that many it was frustrating and emberessing. Finally figured out how they act when near the net and that evening landed a low 20s fish.Next morning hit another low 20s fish near the narrows. Yesterday morning was a blast. We slept in werent on the water till a bit after six. Trolled through that ugly crowd infront of china creek near the lighthouse and dialed in nicely.10 mins in hit a nice fish that popped off. 10 mins after that nailed a nice spring with some size to it.We actually entered the legion derby with about 100 other people.The leading fish from the day before was 31 and we could tell our fish was close so we ran in and weighed it quickly hoping to beat that. Weighed a bit under 30 on that china creek scale not sure how accurate it is.Was danm long but skinny as hell even though it was a female.Good enough for third in the derby after final weigh in:D After we weighed in that fish we had another hit 5 mins into fishing again landed a coho which there wasnt many of and while i was landing it the other rod pops while im barely in gear and 5 mins later landed a nice mid to high 20s spring. Next fish we were sleepin on as i hear some guy yell "might wanna look at your rod" takes me about 30 seconds to figure out and the fish is already running[B)] we landed another low 20s. Lines back down 10 mins later another bang double header in the middle of the crowd it was mayhem.We got both to the boat and kept the bigger mid 20s fish and released a low 20s fish. My buddy met up with us that evening to fish a few days and we went out that evening and he banged off 3 fish in no time. Bonked his first released the second and finished off his limit on the third.All 3 about 20lbs. This morning was slow after that commercial opening they cleaned up. We hit one large fish over 30 up at the narrows but he spit the hook[V]
Most boats were hitting 1 or 2 fish a 6 hour morning so it was far from hot. We were lucky to dial in yesterday and get a few more still a great trip. Im moving to alberta till next summer so im done for the year. Tight lines

Backatit you shoulda givin me a shout. I fished more up by the narrows today than down below even though it was a bad choice. There was no fish uptop. Apparently they were fishing commercial right up to china creek last night 12am-4am.
Heres pics
Fog
port.jpg

Bait and .....bait? 6lb feeder we got and cooked up in camp
port2.jpg

Saturday morning crowd mid morning.Was worse sunday

port3.jpg

Fishin oldschool in some evening chop

port4.jpg

Scrappy low 20s

port5.jpg

Yesterday mornings haul- 30,26,25,20,7lb coho