Air ride or Suspension seats

http://www.xcraftseats.com/products/suspension-seat-x-system-58/

got a quote on one of these bases today. They want 1250 euro for one so I would be surprised to get on for much less than $3000 to my door. For this reason it is not an option. It a clever and basic design but the cost does not reflect that.
I am considering making my own similar to these. I can weld so what I would need is a shop that can cut all the parts for me.

If thats the set up you like why not buy local and go with a shockwave set up. They are proven here on the westcoast and retail around 1500 for the base. Pm, Tailspin I know he has a brand new one he may be tempted to sell.

If your pounding offshore daily and you have a boat that slaps then $1500 to save your lower back aint that bad. As for price take a look at what fox float shocks are going for, snowmobile or quads and $1500 for suspension isn't all that much.

Exactly why you need suspension in some boats. The price difference in fuel from my gal to say a Grady of similar size with the extra weight and deep v is enough to justify the price of good seats.

I tested out the Bostroms pretty good on Saturday out front of Nanaimo (it was pretty sloppy in the morning setting traps). The funny thing was the passenger seat worked flawlessly and the brand new one has a minor issue in that it won't inflate as firmly as the older one. Maybe the air boot just needs to get broken in. Time will tell.

i think Birdie should look into those ones big.griff just put into his ride:).

The seats I have now rotate and I need that to sleep on the benches which is nice when fishing and on over nighters. Thanks for the input on that base but I think I like the systems that are on the floor.
Would anyone know where I could take a cut list to to cut the pieces to make one like I posted? I figure I would get the shock first then build around that. The shock in there looks fairly common but that's going to take some research too.

If your pounding offshore daily and you have a boat that slaps then $1500 to save your lower back aint that bad. As for price take a look at what fox float shocks are going for, snowmobile or quads and $1500 for suspension isn't all that much.

true dat

Give Andre at Unlimited Fabrication in Nanaimo a call. 250-756-1720. He has a water jet and is quite reasonable.

You can get rotating bases for the Bostroms.

I still stand behind my design ...... and its free. Sorry No Pics LOL

They are tougher then that and come weighted now so they don't roll around

Bet your all surprised that I even know what a yoga ball is.......

Back