Ahousaht occupy fish farm site....

Thanks SV, I am not advocating Western Separation, but even if we just huffed at it a little bit, perhaps the West would get more of a fair shake from the feds. Imagine the power and strength of a Western Canada that included Manitoba west and all 3 Northern Territories..............

Careful what you ask for.

COrB-XRWcAA40CM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow they won Cermaq is going to pull out government reversed approval..just saw blog on facebook. If what said is true that's a major victory.

big thumbs up!

So it is just the one site that they had retracted from the agreement? A very small win in a big war but win just the same...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it is just the one site that they had retracted from the agreement? A very small win in a big war but win just the same...

Any idea how many members of that band are employed by that one company alone? That band has 70% unemployment rate.Those farms and jobs aren't going away any time soon.

According to 2011 census data, ten people at the Ahousaht reserve identified as deck officers and water transport (catagory C173) and ten people identified as aquaculture and marine harvest labourers (category I211).
http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/...&Temporal=2013&THEME=96&VID=0&VNAMEE=&VNAMEF=
No person at Ahousaht identified as aquaculture operator and manager (category I017) and no person identified as fish plant worker (category J173) or labourer in fish processing (category J318).

Sounds like the agreement with that fish farming company is really helping with that unemployment rate.

Yeah i was told that over 50 band members worked for them or worked for contractors for them.

So, i guess the unemployed rate is even higher then?

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more than 460 people living in Ahousat

The same source says total population in 2011 was 695.
If you disagree you can take it up with Stats Canada.

Whatever. I probably know that many myself.

My friends from there tell me there are around 1200 residents

I don't think the number is worth arguing over. Just because one is listed as living there doesn't mean they are living there. Many issues with collecting band check etc etc. Tough number to peg. I suspect there are far less living there than listed as such.

Did the FN leaders of tribe agree to it?yes they did. That's your biggest problem. These headlines shown all over like this FN blockaded the farm is so false. They will just put it somewhere else.

Yeah i was told that over 50 band members worked for them or worked for contractors for them.

So, i guess the unemployed rate is even higher then?

I read only 15 members of the band work for Cermaq,out of 1000 band members..

Back