Advice on the Kingfisher Angler 1825 Warrior

Thanks guys!... i'm working and travelling for the next few months combined with how busy Marina's are, the season would be over by the time i can focus on rigging it. So pickup and rigging will be later in the year. Thought i would rig etc and have it ready for next spring ( will give me something to do in the winters when everything is frozen over). Since it was a good deal and it ended up being exactly what i wanted i thought i would at least move on the boat and make a deposit because of the price. I had thought it would take me a few months of research and finding to see what i would get but things worked out and the boat ended up being exactly what i wanted within the budget that i had.

For rigging i would definitely need some advice, since i would mostly focus on trolling for Salmon and steelhead in Lake Ontario i'm looking to add down-riggers , outboard Autopilot and a Fishfinder/chart plotter that would be compatible. Later on as needed would add bow trolling motor if i need to but that is not a priority initially.
Would appreciate it if you could suggest what route to go. i was looking at the ones Garmin, Lowerance and hummingbird offer.
Thanks for all the help, i never would have gone for a Kingfisher unless i had asked on this forum, it's ended up being exactly what i wanted.

Thanks guys!... i'm working and travelling for the next few months combined with how busy Marina's are, the season would be over by the time i can focus on rigging it. So pickup and rigging will be later in the year. Thought i would rig etc and have it ready for next spring ( will give me something to do in the winters when everything is frozen over). Since it was a good deal and it ended up being exactly what i wanted i thought i would at least move on the boat and make a deposit because of the price. I had thought it would take me a few months of research and finding to see what i would get but things worked out and the boat ended up being exactly what i wanted within the budget that i had.

For rigging i would definitely need some advice, since i would mostly focus on trolling for Salmon and steelhead in Lake Ontario i'm looking to add down-riggers , outboard Autopilot and a Fishfinder/chart plotter that would be compatible. Later on as needed would add bow trolling motor if i need to but that is not a priority initially.
Would appreciate it if you could suggest what route to go. i was looking at the ones Garmin, Lowerance and hummingbird offer.
Thanks for all the help, i never would have gone for a Kingfisher unless i had asked on this forum, it's ended up being exactly what i wanted.

A suggestion often repeated is to take a buddy and go out on a charter in the area that you will be fishing the most. Take notes of the gear set up, how everything works, what to buy for the local bite etc. This is money well spent, as tackle and other items that you never use adds up in a hurry.

if money is no object you can rig it like mine :
-115HP Yamaha F115LB, 6HP Tohatsu sailpro kicker with remote steer/throttle/shift controls.
-Simrad Forwardscan dipping sonar transducer for shallow water navigation.
-Lowrance downscan transducer/fishfinder.
-Zeus2 12" Chartplotter with 2020 BC Platinum maps fully networked including satellite overlays.
-NSS 7 EVO 2 Secondary Chartplotter fully networked.
-8 port Ethernet and dual band Wifi onboard network.
-4K Bow waterproof camera with wifi/12 hour record capability at 4K/30fps.
-NMEA 2000 network with engine, chartplotters, heading sensor and radar integration (2 slots free for future expansion).
-VHF radio with AIS linked to chartplotter via network.
-Handheld VHF including aeronautical radio bands with on board charger.
-Debon bluetooth music system and speaker.
-Halo 20+ radar with dual band capability and chart overlay as well as MARPA target tracking.
-Simrad HS60 DGPS heading sensor and compass.
-2 person self inflating life raft with survival kit+6 lifejackets+EPIRB/PLB.
-Fixed mount searchlight with 8 x USB sockets through the boat.
-Low light night vision camera with wifi capability.
-10.1" android tablet for night vision/bow cameras with on board charging/GPS and backup chartplotter maps for USA/Canada.
-Rear wide angle & Rear waterline & Passenger cameras linked to chartplotters.
-103Ah NorthStar AGM battery upgrade with multiple Blue Sea DualBus hubs and Victron BMV-712 Bluetooth Battery Management System.
-EZLoader trailer 2018. 3500lb tow rated vehicle required, upgraded with extra heavy duty big wheel jack and side loading guides and spare tire with carrier.
-6 seats including captains chairs with suspension seating for front 2 seats.
-7 Fenders and lines sized to the boat.
-Rocna anchor system with removable drum for chain and line storage.
-Electric trolling motor with wifi controls swappable for forwardscan sonar.
-Interior EVA Foam/SeaDek style carpet throughout.
-Para sea anchor ocean safety system installed.
-Gas fuelling vent canister included for preventing fuel overflow when refueling.
-12V generator (honda with bosch alternator) permanently wired in.
-2 x 50W mono-crystalline solar panels with waterproof Renogy charger permanently wired in.
-Hailer with digital PA/horn and readback integrated into VHF radio.
-Flares/Safety/Medkit/Fire Extinguisher/Toolkit/Emergency Flashlight etc included.
-5 Scotty mounts with various accessories included including table, anchor, rod holder, crab winch etc.
-Aux gas tank, spare factory prop and gastapper fuel pump.
-sea eagle 380X kayak tender with quicksail kit and electric air pump.
-airhead self centering tow harness with adaptor.
00808_jizLzkxZI0H_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

Excellent advice!..have been going with a buddy and fishing/observing and learning after which i decided to get the boat and start taking my kids with me since they are getting to the age where they can join me. So far a combination of dispy divers with spoons for steelhead on two rods and two rods setup with a-tom-mik flies and flashers on downriggers for salmon has been the most effective. A big change i saw after i joined him after a while was that he added an autopilot which made a big difference in controlling the boat in wind and staying the course when the focus is on rods and fighting a fish/ netting it etc. Also helps when introducing someone to fishing etc and not have to worry about the steering part. From a fishfinder/chartplotter perspective i dont think i need anything too fancy, just something that is compatible with the autopilot and does the basic task of giving depth/marking fish / recording waypoints etc. The stuff he had on his boat was a bit of an overkill for me and my budget with a big screen etc and high end units. I just need the functionality. Downriggers were from his old boat so im not sure what is out there these days which is practical vs being way too fancy and a wallet killer!

if money is no object you can rig it like mine :
-115HP Yamaha F115LB, 6HP Tohatsu sailpro kicker with remote steer/throttle/shift controls.
-Simrad Forwardscan dipping sonar transducer for shallow water navigation.
-Lowrance downscan transducer/fishfinder.
-Zeus2 12" Chartplotter with 2020 BC Platinum maps fully networked including satellite overlays.
-NSS 7 EVO 2 Secondary Chartplotter fully networked.
-8 port Ethernet and dual band Wifi onboard network.
-4K Bow waterproof camera with wifi/12 hour record capability at 4K/30fps.
-NMEA 2000 network with engine, chartplotters, heading sensor and radar integration (2 slots free for future expansion).
-VHF radio with AIS linked to chartplotter via network.
-Handheld VHF including aeronautical radio bands with on board charger.
-Debon bluetooth music system and speaker.
-Halo 20+ radar with dual band capability and chart overlay as well as MARPA target tracking.
-Simrad HS60 DGPS heading sensor and compass.
-2 person self inflating life raft with survival kit+6 lifejackets+EPIRB/PLB.
-Fixed mount searchlight with 8 x USB sockets through the boat.
-Low light night vision camera with wifi capability.
-10.1" android tablet for night vision/bow cameras with on board charging/GPS and backup chartplotter maps for USA/Canada.
-Rear wide angle & Rear waterline & Passenger cameras linked to chartplotters.
-103Ah NorthStar AGM battery upgrade with multiple Blue Sea DualBus hubs and Victron BMV-712 Bluetooth Battery Management System.
-EZLoader trailer 2018. 3500lb tow rated vehicle required, upgraded with extra heavy duty big wheel jack and side loading guides and spare tire with carrier.
-6 seats including captains chairs with suspension seating for front 2 seats.
-7 Fenders and lines sized to the boat.
-Rocna anchor system with removable drum for chain and line storage.
-Electric trolling motor with wifi controls swappable for forwardscan sonar.
-Interior EVA Foam/SeaDek style carpet throughout.
-Para sea anchor ocean safety system installed.
-Gas fuelling vent canister included for preventing fuel overflow when refueling.
-12V generator (honda with bosch alternator) permanently wired in.
-2 x 50W mono-crystalline solar panels with waterproof Renogy charger permanently wired in.
-Hailer with digital PA/horn and readback integrated into VHF radio.
-Flares/Safety/Medkit/Fire Extinguisher/Toolkit/Emergency Flashlight etc included.
-5 Scotty mounts with various accessories included including table, anchor, rod holder, crab winch etc.
-Aux gas tank, spare factory prop and gastapper fuel pump.
-sea eagle 380X kayak tender with quicksail kit and electric air pump.
-airhead self centering tow harness with adaptor.
00808_jizLzkxZI0H_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg
WOW! ..haha Nice!...i guess that's how you do it out there!

Back