advice hardtop

Arjento

Hey Guys,

Just wondering is there anyone handy to help/give advice on building a hard top for this double eagle of mine? I re sewn the canvas but it seems to want to leak :( I'm thinking exact same lines as the soft top just having a hard top to put rocket launchers on and keep the water shedding off. I will want to keep the vinyl windows cause it feels great to open them up when it's cooking out.

Thanks in advance for the advice guys.
IMG_3549 (002).JPG

image.jpg image.jpg I made a aluminum hard top for my
Boat this past winter, and it's worked out great, still have the open feel without the vinyl windows and keeps the sun/rain off your head, not sure what it would cost too get one made up, probably not cheap, just an idea for you,

I like the idea id want to do it inside like my soft top framing, the aluminum top is a great idea, just need to figure out how to attach the vinyl windows. The reasons for the windows of course visibility and keep the elements out at winter springing. And i can roll them up when its hot

image.jpg I ran a 1x1 tubing around the underside of the hardtop to attach the vinyl windows too with snaps , and give it a bit of a overhang, I think it will work out, still haven't had any canvas work done for it, hopefully next year

Arjento

Built a welded hardtop for my DE same boat as yours. Your welcome to come have a look if in Vic. Works perfect for my needs.

HM

Very many boats like yours have a top as pictured above EXCEPT all the one's I have seen have support members on the front as well.

looks to me that there are support members at the front... a little different design that I've seen before.
support members are mounting inside the windshield, rather than outside...

Thanks guys, yes it's skinned in aluminum, there's front support member that are mounted down on the inside of the windows, I didn't like the look of them sticking out forward when I mocked everything up, and plus gives a grab point when standing up. got the whole Thing sandblasted, etched and powder coated too.

Not as nice as a custom welded top, but was in my price range. Just picked up some .050 aluminum and riveted it to my soft top frame, adding a few pieces to brace it. Installed snaps and a new piece of lexan for the front window. So clear and nice to look out of now. I'm in Victoria if you want to come by for a closer look.

that's the exact idea I had Dave S, I like it looks great probably can't sit on it but it looks awesome. If i could do that and re enforce it to some weight on that's the idea I'd go with. Reason I want the weight on is sometimes I like to get up on top and video friends playing fish :) and or something to grab onto when walking around to the bow for whatever reason and I don't want it too weak that it breaks or flexes while I'm doing that. PM me with some contact info we should tee up so I can take a closer look if you don't mind.
Not as nice as a custom welded top, but was in my price range. Just picked up some .050 aluminum and riveted it to my soft top frame, adding a few pieces to brace it. Installed snaps and a new piece of lexan for the front window. So clear and nice to look out of now. I'm in Victoria if you want to come by for a closer look.

Back