Acidified ocean water widespread along North American West Coast

Well now Ive seen it all! lol I would be disappointed to see the admin edit this thread to suit one side or the other. I find it telling that one side of the discussion would even ask.
I would be happy to debate this but like I said #admin has ask many of us here not to do so.

Seanut .... you want to get into this with me? That's fine, find a forum and I'll join then we can have a lively debate.

I would be happy to debate this but like I said #admin has ask many of us here not to do so.

Seems your not happy to debate this at all and when it is quite a civil discussion I wonder why you would ask Admin to censor parts of this thread.

But please, if you will, explain the discrepancies between prediction models and observed data.

It's quite an important part of this discussion.

I'd rather not start a new thread because then I would have to repeat a lot of posts in this one. That may be why you want a new one started.

With AgentAqua's permission, we can slightly deviate from the original topic and hash out this related topic here.

AGAIN, I just want to hear your side when the models don't match the observations. You have had quite a lot of time to research this now and judging by your lack of response, I worry you don't have a logical explanation.

Last edited:
I'd rather not start a new thread because then I would have to repeat a lot of posts in this one. That may be why you want a new one started.

With AgentAqua's permission, we can slightly deviate from the original topic and hash out this related topic here.

AGAIN, I just want to hear your side when the models don't match the observations. You have had quite a lot of time to research this now and judging by your lack of response, I worry you don't have a logical explanation.
Perhaps read my replies slower......

I thought I might be missing something so I re read all of your posts. I'm truly sorry if I missed it again, but I haven't seen you address my question.

Please, let's keep this civil. I'm open to the fact I could be totally wrong on this, I just haven't seen the data that would prove that.

So, again. Explain the model predictions V observed data discrepancy for me please. Those model predictions got the whole world alarmed, and now Canada is shipping hundreds of millions of dollars to China and India, and that number is going to increase multiple times in the next decade. what happens if those models were totally bogus?!?!

Seems you having trouble answering what should be quite a simple question GLG.

Me thinks you may be stumped.

Highly doubt that - GLG knows his stuff. This thread is on ocean acidification, not debating general climate denial theories. We should all stick to the thread topic, myself included!

This can't be true, the Donald says climate changes is just a hoax invented by the Chinese... so this must be fake science, followed up by fake news - ;)

On the serious side this is not good news.

Funny you mention that since you were the first to mention "climate change" in the second post of the topic. LOL Just saying.

The Ocean Acidification topic died out pretty quickly and no one is reviving it. So I can't see a reason the question isn't being answered. Seems fairly legit. I'm interested to hear an explanation.

Whole in the water, you sound like you have a fairly staunch pro CC stance and that's your call, but does that worry you that the predictions haven't been right? It would be weird if guys like GLG just gave you your opinion because "he knows his stuff"..........

The Ocean Acidification topic died out pretty quickly and no one is reviving it. So I can't see a reason the question isn't being answered. Seems fairly legit. I'm interested to hear an explanation.

Whole in the water, you sound like you have a fairly staunch pro CC stance and that's your call, but does that worry you that the predictions haven't been right? It would be weird if guys like GLG just gave you your opinion because "he knows his stuff"..........

This will clarify why no one is responding to your question. This thread is completely off topic and some of the members who have been around awhile have been warned or even banned because they couldn't stay out of an endless debate, that ended in a public fight, with regards to politics or climate change issues. WIW even acknowledged that he shouldn't have posted what he did, as it started the derailing of the thread, and suggested we get back on topic. Now, before we get accused one more time of censorship or being heavy handed here is our stance on a few things surrounding these types of threads.
1. We don't care what your views are on any given topic or which "side" of the debate you align with.
2. You are free to share your point of view so long as it stays on topic, is respectful and isn't stirring the pot for the purpose of causing a fight.
3. Derailing of threads drives members nuts as they have to wade through a bunch of posts that have nothing to do with what they are interested in.
4. The conservation forum is for fishing related topics and should be mainly focussed with the West coast region in mind. That is why we have repeatedly made it clear that we are a fishing forum, so if you want to discuss other environmental or political issues you need to find another forum that is dedicated to those subjects. Again, this is not censorship, it is simply stating the intended purpose of our forum...Fishing related topics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back